+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV received while awaiting PPR

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
We were fortunate enough to receive a TRV while awaiting PPR. I share this to let others know who might be in the same situation as me awaiting PPR for permanent residency. I waited longer than I needed to before applying for PPR based on the accepted fact stated repeatedly throughout this forum that a PR application in process guarantees a TRV rejection. It does not. I have proof of that now.

I don't say that to discount the people who shared this view based on their own rejections, but just to show that it is absolutely not a guarantee of rejection. Don't pull the TRV off the table as an option. It's still a gamble and a more expensive, time-consuming one thanks to the biometrics. But if you do, I suggest you start your letter with the fact that you have a PR in process and would not risk jeopardizing it by overstaying a TRV.

My wife's background check for PR also just began and she's received a pre-arrival services for that (both things happening a couple of days after TRV application sent). I need to buy a return ticket for TRV, but not one for PR, so am considering whether it's worth waiting a bit to see movement on PR. Either way, I'm delighted. Phew!