+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV questions

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am applying trv for my in-laws. I have some questions as below:

Q1) Do we need to create/merge all documents to create a single document before submitting the application?

Q2) Should we prepare Itinerary in local currency of residence or CAD?

Q3) They will be staying with us but still do we need to calculate and show daily meals and hotel accommodation for their stay? And how much to consider per day?

Q4) I am not booking anything but just showing how much flights cost on planned travel dates through expedia, Will that be fine?

Any help is very much appreciated

Best Regards
OMSAIOM

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Q1) Do we need to create/merge all documents to create a single document before submitting the application?
Yes to all documents that cannot be uploaded to specific sections in the form.

Q2) Should we prepare Itinerary in local currency of residence or CAD?
Both

Q3) They will be staying with us but still do we need to calculate and show daily meals and hotel accommodation for their stay? And how much to consider per day?
If the itinerary includes restaurants. Basically, any expense that will be incurred outside your home although in reality you will pay for most of these expenses.

Q4) I am not booking anything but just showing how much flights cost on planned travel dates through expedia, Will that be fine?
That's fine

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes to all documents that cannot be uploaded to specific sections in the form.

Both

If the itinerary includes restaurants. Basically, any expense that will be incurred outside your home although in reality you will pay for most of these expenses.

That's fine
Thank you for your reply Bryanna,

I had some more question,
Q1) How many letters do we need to submit?
I am planning for two right now:
1) Invitation letter from me to my inlaws inviting for the visit
2) Application letter from my inlaws to the visa officer requesting for granting of visa

Do I also need to write one request letter from me to visa officer requesting for the visa? and where to attach it?

Q2) Also where and how do I explain that my in-laws will go back after the visit?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for your reply Bryanna,

I had some more question,
Q1) How many letters do we need to submit?
I am planning for two right now:
1) Invitation letter from me to my inlaws inviting for the visit
2) Application letter from my inlaws to the visa officer requesting for granting of visa

Do I also need to write one request letter from me to visa officer requesting for the visa? and where to attach it?
One letter addressed to the visa officer will suffice. It would have the Host information + Applicant information + purpose of visit, etc. Formal tone. Short sentences or point-wise facts. Nothing OTT.

Q2) Also where and how do I explain that my in-laws will go back after the visit?
In the invitation letter + in individual cover letters (do reference the evidence against each point)

Reactions: omsaiom

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One letter addressed to the visa officer will suffice. It would have the Host information + Applicant information + purpose of visit, etc. Formal tone. Short sentences or point-wise facts. Nothing OTT.

In the invitation letter + in individual cover letters (do reference the evidence against each point)
Thank you very much Bryanna,

I am a bit confused,
What I thought is that Invitation letter is from the invitor to the invitee so it will be from me and addressed to my in-laws am I correct or do I need to write the letter addressed to visa officer?

When you say individual cover-letter, where do they go and what information do we put in it? I am not seeing any such tab in the application portal?

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hello Brianna,

Apart from the previous question, I also have one more question.
My in-laws don't know English and French. I am applying for them but have created profile under my FIL name. In the representation form it says for all other additional applicants (if any) to sign and give right for representation to the main applicant under whose name the profile is created. How can I or my Wife represent them as profile is under my FIL's name.
If I submit application without mentioning our name than can this question come as how FIL was able to submit the application and fill forms etc if he does not know English.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What I thought is that Invitation letter is from the invitor to the invitee so it will be from me and addressed to my in-laws am I correct or do I need to write the letter addressed to visa officer?
Addressed to the visa officer. It looks rather funny to send a letter addressed to the relatives in a formal document package for visas.

When you say individual cover-letter, where do they go and what information do we put in it? I am not seeing any such tab in the application portal?
It's not a mandatory document and that's why you don't see it in any section. That said, it does help the visa officer to get all information upfront.

The letter could have individual sections (point format, short sentences.... reference evidence where needed):
1. Host + Applicant information
2. Purpose of the visit + Funds for the visit
3. Strong ties to the country of residence (Employment/business + finances + property/assets + dependent family, etc)
4. Travel History
5. Why I must return to my country of residence by XX date

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My in-laws don't know English and French. I am applying for them but have created profile under my FIL name. In the representation form it says for all other additional applicants (if any) to sign and give right for representation to the main applicant under whose name the profile is created. How can I or my Wife represent them as profile is under my FIL's name.
He cannot 'transfer' your mom-in-law's representation to you/your wife. He can either continue as her representative. Or you can represent both of them.

If I submit application without mentioning our name than can this question come as how FIL was able to submit the application and fill forms etc if he does not know English.
Not a problem. Anyone can help someone to complete an application (uncompensated)