+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV processing in NY Canada Consulate - Recent

MIRes

Apr 22, 2013
A quick question.. What if I withdraw my application? Do I get the fee paid along with passport?

meninblue

May 25, 2011
NJ, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 26,2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
OCT 29,2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with initial docs
File Transfer...
Apr 18,2012
Med's Request
Dec 17,2012
Med's Done....
Dec 21,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 5,2013. Mailed on Aug 05,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 13
LANDED..........
Soon.. :)
Hopeless service. I have sent an email to NYC to withdraw my application and return passport.
Lets see if they take another 30 + days to return withdrawn applications too.

aeroarun

May 23, 2013
Hi All, I applied on March 25th, the request for passport was april 19th. They recd my passport May 3rd and I got an email last week that the application is finalized and my documents will be returned soon. Any idea on when I can expect or thats a naive question to be asking.....

meadowince

May 22, 2013
aeroarun said:
Hi All, I applied on March 25th, the request for passport was april 19th. They recd my passport May 3rd and I got an email last week that the application is finalized and my documents will be returned soon. Any idea on when I can expect or thats a naive question to be asking.....
Hi Aeroarun,

You got an email from consulate last week, it was a reply of your enquiry or they send it to everyone as informing. They got my passport on May 3rd also but I have no information after that.

Thanks

kamal82

May 17, 2013
i applied on Mar 20th
Apr 30 - Queue in processing
May 14th - Finalized .. will send shortly
May 22st - Documents sent to you today

Still waiting for USPS tracking to be activated. All above information got as a reply for my mail.
Hope it helps someone. Please share yours which will help someone..

phantira29

Apr 22, 2013
I applied online on Apr 22.
I forgot to submit DS 2019 to support my document.
I sent email to CIC Ottawa to provide my document on Apr 25.
Received the email to submit my passport on May 22.
However, I will send my passport three weeks afterward because I am sure I will get my German visa stamped withing the beginning of June.

Thank you everyone in this forum who helped me go through this process.

I wish the best of luck for everyone who is waiting to receive the visa. They are not that bad but just too slow.

Good luck

nelsonhood

May 4, 2013
Just received my passport, would like to share my timeline:
online application: 4/17
passport request: 4/30
passport received by NY visa office: 5/01
passport sent back to me: 5/23
received my passport: 5/24

On 5/23, I saw some people who sent their passport on 4/29-5/01 reported to have their tracking number activated. I sent a enquiring email to NY visa office, a couple of hours later, someone replied my email told me my documents were sent back to me "today". I'm not sure if my email actually reminded them to send my passport back or they were going to send it that day anyway.

Good luck everyone!

MIRes

Apr 22, 2013
I got my stamped passport today after 2 months. I sent my passport along with the application on march 25th and visa was stamped on 14th may, passport returned on 24th may, received passport on 25th may. Hope this helps tot he long waiting guys

kamal82

May 17, 2013
kamal82 said:
i applied on Mar 20th
Apr 30 - Queue in processing
May 14th - Finalized .. will send shortly
May 22st - Documents sent to you today

Still waiting for USPS tracking to be activated. All above information got as a reply for my mail.
Hope it helps someone. Please share yours which will help someone..
My USPS got activated after 1.5 days from their mail. I got it back..

AshutoshP21

May 17, 2013
Hi kamal, did you apply in person or through online?
I have applied in person on 6th May so will my visa also get almost 2 months to process?

srip

May 13, 2013
I was in NY consulate Friday and I was told they are processing the Visa's for the passport they received in May 1st week at this time.

Hope this info helps.

aeroarun

May 23, 2013
Srip, thanks! it does. They recd my passport May 3rd. So hopefully, I will receive my passport this week or the latest by next week! fingers crossed....

A small question- if you goto the consulate, can you get your passport or thats a chance you take?

srip

May 13, 2013
I saw people getting the passports in person when I was there and I guess they have submitted passports more than 20 days back.

If you can go to NY consulate, I would suggest trying that.