TRV processing in NY Canada Consulate - Recent

plutocupid

Apr 30, 2013
Hi guys
Applied for visa on april 3 passport recevied april23
Withdraw my application
I am un san Francisco now
They sent passport yesterday
Dont know whether they issued visa or not as I got oassport after waiting fir long time
in any case I am more happy to get back my passport
Dont case have canada visa or not anymore
good lesson in my life
will never send my oassport to any irresponsible embassy

May 7, 2013
On 11th this month I received their reply saying my application has been finalized but yet not received the passport and documents back. In fact while sending case specfiic inquiry again today I got the same reply without any change in email saying it is finalized and shortly they will send me back documents.

What a hopeless service. Also they have written my file number wrongly again same as last time in the return email. :-[ :)

harried

May 20, 2013
Hi, here's my TL

Sent application including the original passport and I-20 via mail on April 4,2013
Received at the NY office on April 8, 2013
Emailed how the processing time exceeded beyond 21 days as mentioned online on May 10
They replied on May 15
"In regards to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada, please note that your application has been received and is in queue for processing.

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization. Should you wish to travel urgently and recover your passport, you may send us an email request to withdraw your application (include WITHDRAW in the subject line). "

When asked if they'd return the documents in person, I haven't heard from them.

I intended to leave for Canada on May 24 and head to India from there on June 2.

So, I'm gonna visit the office in NY tomorrow to see what my chances are of getting a visa. If I don't get the visa, I'd at least like for the authorities to hand me my passport and I-20 so I could plan my subsequent trip. Having read people's accounts here on this forum, every little ray of hope is diminishing by the minute.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
hello folks, I just received PP request message for my father and mother. I had applied for their single entry visa . Now when i mail the passport do i just mail in one envelop or do i mail in seperate envelops one for my dad and one for my mom. anyone any idea

srip

May 13, 2013
Hi harried,

Please let me know how it went in NY consulate. Did they give you the passport back with a visa stamp..?

kamal82

May 17, 2013
Any one recently received stamped passport. Please let me know. I applied on 20th March still USPS tracking not activated. :(

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
I received request to submit passport for husband and wife now do i send passports in one envelope or seperate envelope

Anisha1202

Apr 5, 2013
My husband and me had applied as a family. When the embassy asked us to send our passports across, we sent our passports in one envelope but included two return envelopes.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Anisha1202 said:
My husband and me had applied as a family. When the embassy asked us to send our passports across, we sent our passports in one envelope but included two return envelopes.
Thanks a lot Anisha1202. very much apreciate it. I m planning to mail it to LA office. I guess we can mail it to LA or NY office whichever is closer for us right?

srip

May 13, 2013
Thanks You vanwilder. Please update in this thread when you send and receive your passports back.

I am waiting for my Passport request and I am planning to send it to LA , so just want to find the timelines.

harried

May 20, 2013
It was an unsatisfactory visit to the NY office.
It's May 22 and they are still processing files received on March 25.
So they haven't even seen my file which reached there on April 8.
They would not hand me my passport even though I'm standing there requesting them ever so fervently.
These people honestly don't care. They don't get it that they are inefficient and people are honestly mad at them!
The queue for withdrawing applications was as long as that of the applicants.
One of the persons was int he queue to get her passport after five months and still no visa. Now that's saying something.

MIRes

Apr 22, 2013
Guys,
A quick question.. What if I withdraw my application? Do I get the fee paid along with passport?

srip

May 13, 2013
Thanks for the update harried. This is so horrible. I was planning to go to NY consulate tomorrow with my passport and find out my online application status. But now I get a feeling that it is waste of time and money.