+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV processing in NY Canada Consulate - Recent

mir637

Apr 17, 2013
Hi All,

I applied multiple entry visitor visa. I uploaded all the docs on 31st Jan 2013. I got response from them on 6th March asking me to send my passport.
I sent passport on 7th March and reached there on 11th March. I did not get any response from them till now. I have sent number of e-mails and faxes but I got a response once asking me to check their website. Its really surprising that they do not have online status update system. People from India are getting visas within a week. they do not respond to ph calls and e-mails. I really do not know how long should I wait.

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi Folks

I like to Share my timeline for TRV

3/11/2013 -Applied for TRV in-person NYC
3/16/2013- TRV stamped
3/17/2013- Dispatched from NYC
3/18/2013- Morning 8 AM i have received the Passport with Stamped Visa

Congrats for those who already received their passports and All the very best for those awaiting for Passport

Thanks!

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
Wooow!! Cong!! Senika

Happy to hear this news. My only worry is, I sent a USPS flat rate shipping envelop and not the express one. This might delay receiving my passport.

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
Senika said:
Hi Folks

3/16/2013- TRV stamped
3/17/2013- Dispatched from NYC
3/18/2013- Morning 8 AM i have received the Passport with Stamped Visa
Senika,

I guess you mean 4/16/2013 (TRV Stamped/Dispatched from NYC). How did you track this status?

jds2013

Apr 5, 2013
I also just received my passport!

Timeline:
3/7/13 Applied online
4/1/13 Got request for passport
4/2/13 Passport received in NYC
4/17/13 Passport was dispatched at 4 pm as per tracking info
4/18/13 Arrived at 10:30 am

I am so incredibly relieved! Best of luck to you guys!

I do have a question: should I turn in my I-94 when I cross the border?

killerpink

Apr 16, 2013
Congrats, jds2013!! My timeline is very similar to yours, so I hope to be receiving good news soon! Seems like 40 days really is the magic number, as someone said.

You may turn in the I-94 upon coming in, but if you don't they'll just take it once you enter the country again. It's not a big deal.

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi Folks

Re-posting with updated timeline

I like to Share my timeline for TRV

3/11/2013 -Applied for TRV in-person NYC
4/16/2013- TRV stamped
4/17/2013- Dispatched from NYC
4/18/2013- Morning 8 AM i have received the Passport with Stamped Visa

Congrats for those who already received their passports and All the very best for those awaiting for Passport

Thanks!

mir637

Apr 17, 2013
My time line as follows

01/31/2013 - Applied online
03/06/2013 - asked me to send passport
03/07/2013 - Sent my passport

Still waiting for my passport.

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
HI mir637

I would suggest you to go directly to consulate and ask for the status and get the passport by in-person-Provide or narrate clearly on your situation to the consulate officer- definetly they will help you out since it would not take this many long to process

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
1) Submitted my online application on 01-Apr-2013 and still did not here back on this. Did anyone received approvals asking to send passports?

2) I am located in Minneaplois, MN, so how do i know that whether my application processed by which Canada office (LA, NY or any offlice located in Canada)?

3) Submitted application for my self and my wife, looks like they created two application numbers, so when they requesting to send passports, can send them together in package and also send only one retun pacakge?

4) Can we use FedEx instead of USPS for sending Passports and geting passports back, just to make quicker?

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
mmomidi said:
1) Submitted my online application on 01-Apr-2013 and still did not here back on this. Did anyone received approvals asking to send passports?

2) I am located in Minneaplois, MN, so how do i know that whether my application processed by which Canada office (LA, NY or any offlice located in Canada)?

3) Submitted application for my self and my wife, looks like they created two application numbers, so when they requesting to send passports, can send them together in package and also send only one retun pacakge?

4) Can we use FedEx instead of USPS for sending Passports and geting passports back, just to make quicker?
Re: Question#1
I believe the minimum time required is 30 days when the application is sent in mail to any of the two (New york or LA) visa offices. I am not sure what the time line is for online applications. I would assume, based on Ottawa processing times, 25 days at least.

Re: Question#2
Based on the information provided on this page (cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-01-29.asp), your location in USA does not determine which visa office will be processing your application anymore. The distribution is now controlled centerally so the load is distribute equally between all visa offices.

Re: Question#3
Not sure. But I would guess when they contact you to send the passport, they will provide instructions of wether to send one return envelope or multiple.

Re: Question#4
Do not know for sure but based on processing here in Canada, they are fusy about private couriers. I was able to use FedEx to send my application but they said they will not use the prepaid envelope to send passports back if it was from any private courier. If I do that, they will use regular mail.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!