+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV processing in NY Canada Consulate Latest Update

punjabiii

Jun 6, 2012
What is the best way to contact NY consulate - by email or phone. I have submitted my passport as off April 16 and havent heard back yet.

Can anyone suggest if going to NY consulate would be of any help.

Thanks everyone

punjabiii

Jun 6, 2012
Can someone provide details about their experience about going to NY consulate to pick up their passport. Website says nothing that we can go and pick up passports although I am hearing that people are going their and getting their passports with Visa stamp on it.

Please share your thoughts.

joytous

Jun 14, 2013
Hi please please give us updates.
My in-laws are here and they have applied for their visa on B!-b2 visa
They have to go back by 28th of July, will they get their passorts.
We r worried

joytous

Jun 14, 2013
Hi I got reply from NY embassy saying-We have finalized your application for a Canadian Temporary Resident Visa.

Please note there may be a two week delay before your documents are returned to you by mail. We ask that you wait for the mail to arrive before requesting any further information.. Any idea what this means and how long it will take?
My application reached on May17th by USPS mail

joytous

Jun 14, 2013
Applied through Mail for myself and my spouse, and my parents separately
Application Reached- May 17th
1st Email Sent -June 17th
2nd email sent -June 18th
1st reply received saying the application has been finalized -Jun 18th
2nd reply received saying that they have sent the documents back on June 18th- June 19th
Received my parents' stamped visa and documents-June 19th by priority USPS(I had sent a self addressed stamped envelope)

Our documents haven't arrived yet though. I dont know the status of my visa yet.

I had specified in the email that my parents need the passport as they have to go back to India soon . I dont know if I should assume that they sent only their documents as they understood the exigency of the situation.
All I can say is, I was wrong in thinking that they wont take any action. In fact they replied to every single mail I had sent. I had only specified that application number and they were kind enough to request me that in future, I should specify the full name and date of birth.
There are Good Samaritans everywhere as the total turnaround time was 30 days.