+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV- Procedural Fairness Letter

robmarcelo

Nov 6, 2018
Dear,

I received a procedural fairness letter on Nov 6, 2018 as there was a suspicion of genuiness of my brother’s canadian passport to which is not a clear copy.

I replied on the procedural fairness letter on Nov. 8 and submitted high quality colored passport copy by online and email.

It says on the letter that it will take 15 days to decide if they will approve of reject the application.

Until now there is no response from IRCC and our flight is on Dec 14.

How long it will take to get the response from VO after I replied on the letter?

Please advise.

Regards,
Robert

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It will take how long it takes. They are just thoroughly checking everything to make sure it is genuine. Hopefully you will get a response back before your flight, but that is certainly not guaranteed.

robmarcelo

Nov 6, 2018
It will take how long it takes. They are just thoroughly checking everything to make sure it is genuine. Hopefully you will get a response back before your flight, but that is certainly not guaranteed.
Thank you for your response. I don’t get it why it will take close to a month to check the passport copy and get response from them. The canadian immigration needs to double check their efficiency in terms of checking applicants documents.

No disrespect, I got my US visa in 1 week time.

Now I need to rebook my itinerary flight to Canada as there’s no chance I will get the stamped visa before my flight.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Yes I tend to agree that sometimes Canadian Immigration can be too slow and complicated (coming from an immigrant), but in this case, they feel they are protecting security, as the passport was not clear the first time. Getting your US visa in 1 week isn't applicable to this case, as you probably didn't have any issues. They are not just checking your case, they are checking thousands of cases.

robmarcelo

Nov 6, 2018
Yes I tend to agree that sometimes Canadian Immigration can be too slow and complicated (coming from an immigrant), but in this case, they feel they are protecting security, as the passport was not clear the first time. Getting your US visa in 1 week isn't applicable to this case, as you probably didn't have any issues. They are not just checking your case, they are checking thousands of cases.
I’m just hoping for the best and expect the worst on my visa processing. As you’ve said it will be a waiting game with Canadian Immigration.

By the way it is not colored scan copy and the barcode was not there that’s why they thought it was fake. But there is a way if the passport is genuine as they can check in their system. Just my thought.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It needs to be color. I am sure it says that on the application. Accepting a black and white scan of anything official is opening up a wormhole that could be targeted by more unscrupulous people.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear,

I received a procedural fairness letter on Nov 6, 2018 as there was a suspicion of genuiness of my brother’s canadian passport to which is not a clear copy.

I replied on the procedural fairness letter on Nov. 8 and submitted high quality colored passport copy by online and email.

It says on the letter that it will take 15 days to decide if they will approve of reject the application.

Until now there is no response from IRCC and our flight is on Dec 14.

How long it will take to get the response from VO after I replied on the letter?

Please advise.

Regards,
Robert
Emailing your local visa office might help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We emailed them twice but there’s no positive response. Our flight will be on 14th Dec and I need to rebook the ticket and pay unnecessary amount of money.
There are no clear timelines for final decisions in such cases when Procedural Fairness letters have been issued

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada visa process can be terrible, quite shocking really, booking anything ahead of time is a huge risk.
Canada has a very high standard for issuing visas. That is why there are lots of asylum seekers flying to the US first. Most were unable to get a Canada TRV. The Indian office processes a ton of applications and this is also a busy time between holiday travellers and students applying for January 2019. Your application isn't the only one the visa officer is working on. Had you provided a better copy of his passport you would have your answer already. CIC actually advises you not to purchase tickets in advance since they do not guarantee processing tines or approval.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Canada has a very high standard for issuing visas. That is why there are lots of asylum seekers flying to the US first. Most were unable to get a Canada TRV. The Indian office processes a ton of applications and this is also a busy time between holiday travellers and students applying for January 2019. Your application isn't the only one the visa officer is working on. Had you provided a better copy of his passport you would have your answer already. CIC actually advises you not to purchase tickets in advance since they do not guarantee processing tines or approval.
First its not me that got rejected, and I stand by my comment I have traveled a fair bit and Canada has the worst visa application process I have ever seen bar none, the simple fact that you cant contact them without going through the ridiculous webform, the uncertain response times which could be a week or 3 months or never, it sucks. Why even acuse someone of forgery for an unclear image how about just asking them to reupload the image.

robmarcelo

Nov 6, 2018
There are no clear timelines for final decisions in such cases when Procedural Fairness letters have been issued
With on going labor strike with Canada Post, is this the reason why there such delay in visa processing?

Will affect our online TRV application with labor strike within IRCC Canada Mainland?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
With on going labor strike with Canada Post, is this the reason why there such delay in visa processing?

Will affect our online TRV application with labor strike within IRCC Canada Mainland?
Strike is over. Has nothing to do with processing delays. Processing times are always estimates but for procedural fairness, where there is a concern about an application, they are assessed by in a different process than normal application.

robmarcelo

Nov 6, 2018
Just to keep you updated, we got our visa approval yesterday. Preparing to send our passport to embassy for stamping.

Thanks again!

Reactions: ZAJAMIL