+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV/PR sponshorship for baby while parents are PR card holders in India

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hello,

Our Case backgroud

Me and my wife are pr card holders. We are currently in India and looking to move to Canada for good. We had a baby in april 2023 in India and she does not have PR status yet.
I have a received full time job offer in Canada and I will be flying back to canada in end of February 2024

Wife and kid will plan to travel to Canada probably around June 2024

Our Queries

1. How can I get my kid to canada? I understand I can start her pr sponshorship once after landing in Canada. Is it advisable to apply for her TRV immediately and get her to Canada in June?

2. OR should I apply for her TRV and pr sponsorship together after I land in Canada?

3. My mother is also planning to travel in June along with my wife and baby to help us settle down with the baby around. Should I be applying for her super Visa or a regular visitor visa?

4. Can the TRV for baby and TRV/super visa for mother be applied while I am still in INdia or should I apply after I begin employment in Canada? Will that make the application stronger?

Thanks in advance for your expert suggestions

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
In the same boat, just looking for some honest answers and anyone with same situation and got TRV or TRP approved. PLEASE SHARE.

Mine TRV got rejected lastweek.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In the same boat, just looking for some honest answers and anyone with same situation and got TRV or TRP approved. PLEASE SHARE.

Mine TRV got rejected lastweek.
Try applying for the TRP next. If the TRP is also refused then one of the parents will need to move to Canada ahead of the rest of the family and submit the sponsorship application for the child once there.

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
Try applying for the TRP next. If the TRP is also refused then one of the parents will need to move to Canada ahead of the rest of the family and submit the sponsorship application for the child once there.
If TRP is rejected, can i apply for TRv/Trp again after landing in Canada so i can process inland sponsorship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If TRP is rejected, can i apply for TRv/Trp again after landing in Canada so i can process inland sponsorship.
Sure, you can apply for a TRV/TRP again. Note that child sponsorship applications are processed outland (there's no inland process).

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hello,

Both parents are in India currently and I am flying back to Toronto next month as I will be taking a full time employment there.

Should I apply for my 9 mos old baby's TRV upfront or should I wait to land in Canada and then start both her PR sponsorship and TRV application together?

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
I will be
Sure, you can apply for a TRV/TRP again. Note that child sponsorship applications are processed outland (there's no inland process).
I will be applying for TRP as suggested but what are the chances of that getting approved, any idea?

Or anyone recently got appoved,? please share, both parents out of canada and Trp for child application.

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
Hi scylla, i applied again for TRP now, got rejected " the purpose of your visit to canada is not temperary, as both parents are PR. Apply for sponsorship"

I cannot understand why do they do that.
Any suggestions.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi scylla, i applied again for TRP now, got rejected " the purpose of your visit to canada is not temperary, as both parents are PR. Apply for sponsorship"

Any suggestions.
Are you in Canada right now?

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019

Any suggestions.
What reason are you choosing while applying for TRV ? I am assuming u applied thru ircc portal

Rejoice2u

Jun 22, 2019
What reason are you choosing while applying for TRV ? I am assuming u applied thru ircc portal
Current situation, will relocate to canada permanently , for that require infant visa on humantarian grounds, no one to take care of infant.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Current situation, will relocate to canada permanently , for that require infant visa on humantarian grounds, no one to take care of infant.
whats the difference between TRV and TRP? I have messaged you directly. Lets connect 1 on 1

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hello,

Both parents are in India currently and I am flying back to Toronto next month as I will be taking a full time employment there.

Should I apply for my 9 mos old baby's TRV upfront or should I wait to land in Canada and then start both her PR sponsorship and TRV application together?
@scylla Hey, could you share thought on my case too? I already have my PR card and I will be flying back to Canada later this month permanently as I will be starting a full time employment. Should I apply for my 10 month old daughter's TRV immediately so that I can get her to Canada sooner instead of waiting for PR sponsorship?

I will also launch her PR sponsorship as soon as I land in Canada.