+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Paper based application - from India

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hi,

My friend's family(3) had applied for visitor visa on Sep 13 through a travel consultant. My friends parents application got rejected (got respective emails on Sep 23) but no update on his profile. On Sep 24 all of their passports got dispatched as per VFS tracking, but he did not get any email. Can he expect his visa or is it rejected and just did not get email?

Does paper based applications in general get email if application is approved? Thanks in advance

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi,

My friend's family(3) had applied for visitor visa on Sep 13 through a travel consultant. My friends parents application got rejected (got respective emails on Sep 23) but no update on his profile. On Sep 24 all of their passports got dispatched as per VFS tracking, but he did not get any email. Can he expect his visa or is it rejected and just did not get email?

Does paper based applications in general get email if application is approved? Thanks in advance
Really hard to say at this point, he will find out soon enough when he opens his passport and either it has a visa in it or its blank.

satcan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Really hard to say at this point, he will find out soon enough when he opens his passport and either it has a visa in it or its blank.
Ok thank you. Do you know if paper based applications get email when application is approved?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I cant speak for trv applications as i have only applied online for those. Not sure if it helps but we applied for a pr card renewal via paper based and they did email us confirmation of receipt of application.

DepNG

Jun 30, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
08-06-2019
File Transfer...
09-10-2019
Med's Request
18-06-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Hi Guys! Applied for TRV on sept 16th on paper
Eligibility started on sept 20th.
Linked my paper app to GC Key account, will it show the decision as approved or no? Any idea ? Or only the passport will be returned?

Leena Saifi

Oct 25, 2019
Actually i have the same question. My TRV was refused in first attempt and i had received an email with the reason for refusal. So i applied again and this time i received the message for passport collection but haven’t received any email for refusal.

Should i assume that my visa is approved this time..?

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Actually i have the same question. My TRV was refused in first attempt and i had received an email with the reason for refusal. So i applied again and this time i received the message for passport collection but haven’t received any email for refusal.

Should i assume that my visa is approved this time..?
Have you linked your application?

What was the reason of refusal last time?

Leena Saifi

Oct 25, 2019
Have you linked your application?

What was the reason of refusal last time?
Reason of refusal last time: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.

I tried to link my application but unable to check the status there.

Last edited:

Siba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
I have applied visitor visa on paper on 18 Oct. After I linked it to online I saw a medical reuqst for IMM 1017 on 22 Oct. I have already done upfront medical and submitted medical form. Can some one help in this case. There are no more updates after 22 oct

Siba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Reason of refusal last time: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.

I tried to link my application but unable to check the status there.
We're you able to link your paper based application or not