+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV or Super visa for my Mom? I am 4 months pregnant.

nanha

Sep 24, 2012
Hello,

I am 4 months pregnant and I would like to know if I should apply TRV or super visa for my mom?Since I am pregnant, I really want to make sure which is a better option to get a visa for my Mom, so she can be here close to my due date.My mom plans to come for 3-4 months.

A little brief about my situation.

-My mom has no travel history
-My mom is a home maker and only my mom plans to visit me. My Dad and sister are working back home.
-Financial situation is not that strong, in terms of bank account for the last few months I have been sending money and supporting my mom and dad.My mom can show upto$1000 in her account.
- I can provide a letter of invitation saying we will be supporting my mom's stay here in Canada. Our household income is above the cutoff income.How much savings should we show in our account?
-Should my mom mention reason of visit as daughter's pregnancy? or would that impact negatively.
-Is it better for us to apply visitor visa inside or outside of Canada?

Thank you

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
Hi there

i recommend you to apply supervisa for her that she can stay with you long time and also to get super visa easy rather than visitor visa even i also applied for super visa online in canada last jan 6 and still waiting for reply from cic....

Goodluck

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
its ok for financial problem for super visa but you have to buy travel insurance for her from canadian insurance companies the cost is depend on your mum age

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
nanha said:
Any replies, please. Would greatly appreciate your responses. Thank you
If you have good financial condition then apply for super visa. For your pregnancy it's more appropriate to have her for longer time.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
nanha said:
Hello,

I am 4 months pregnant and I would like to know if I should apply TRV or super visa for my mom?Since I am pregnant, I really want to make sure which is a better option to get a visa for my Mom, so she can be here close to my due date.My mom plans to come for 3-4 months.

A little brief about my situation.

-My mom has no travel history
-My mom is a home maker and only my mom plans to visit me. My Dad and sister are working back home.
-Financial situation is not that strong, in terms of bank account for the last few months I have been sending money and supporting my mom and dad.My mom can show upto$1000 in her account.
- I can provide a letter of invitation saying we will be supporting my mom's stay here in Canada. Our household income is above the cutoff income.How much savings should we show in our account?
-Should my mom mention reason of visit as daughter's pregnancy? or would that impact negatively.
-Is it better for us to apply visitor visa inside or outside of Canada?

Thank you
Super Visa as you mentioned she dont have any travel history. Easier to get but more you need to pay for insurance.

good luck
syed b

nanha

Sep 24, 2012
Thank you guys, for your responses.

Can I create an account online for my mom and apply online for TRV or Super visa for her?

Also, does my mom require to do her biometrics for TRV or super visa(Mom is Indian citizen) and what is the process for it, does she have to do her biometrics after I have applied for her visa online?

KimskiNL

Dec 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
Passport Req..
13-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2016
LANDED..........
06-01-2017 / PR card 22-02-2017
Hi Nanha,

I have no experience with the Super Visa.

However, I have applied for a Visitor Visa a couple of times myself and I think you would certainly qualify.

When I was visiting my husband, we provided the following to CIC:
- his paystubs
- bank account info for me, him and his parents
- letter of invitation from him AND his parents
- proof of a retour ticket

Both times the TRV has been approved.

If you add a letter of explanation explaining your situation, it should be fine I would think. Make sure you convince CIC that your Mom is flying back within a few months (show a retour ticket). This shows your intentions.

Good luck!

nanha

Sep 24, 2012
Thank u Kim.

Did you apply for TRV online?

Since my mom is a homemaker, she will be showing my dad's and sister's bank account statement but can show upto $1000-$1200 from their end. And planning to show $8000-$9000 account in my account here. Would that be enough. Planning to send invitation letter to my mom saying we would be sponsoring her stay here in Canada.

nanha

Sep 24, 2012
Seniors, any responses on my queries. Thank you

My husband is inclining towards applying TRV as opposed to Super Visa as he thinks Super visa has additional things like medical and also medical insurance for a year(as my mom only plans to come for 4 months max) and also the processing time is currently 2 months.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ nanha

Regardless of a TRV or a Super Visa, your mom must demonstrate strong ties to her home country. IMO, this is going to be a challenge based on your posts.

1. The financial situation of your family is not strong. If you state/show that you send money to your parents and sister then this could negatively affect your mom's TRV application.

2. Do not state that you are inviting your mom to come and take care of you/your baby. To a visa officer this would mean working illegally as a visitor.

Does your mom own any property or have a rental agreement in her name?
Can your mom show any reason to return to her home country by a specific date? For example, a wedding in your family or some other event?
Can your dad and sister pay for your mom's visit with their finances?
Does your mom have any fixed deposits, mutual funds, etc?

Cheers

nanha

Sep 24, 2012
Thanks alot Bryanna for your reply.

Well, my mom plans to show those bank accounts in her name, my dad's and sister's, where in I dont send the money. I send in a different account.

Does your mom own any property or have a rental agreement in her name?
My mom/dad jointly own a house where they are residing currently.

Can your mom show any reason to return to her home country by a specific date? For example, a wedding in your family or some other event?
Well, as of now there is no family event or wedding to show.

Can your dad and sister pay for your mom's visit with their finances?
As of now combining my dad's,mom's and sister account they can show $1000-$1500 in total. They can show an additional $1000, but this additional amount would be transferred now in their account through a friend/extended family. So I am wondering transferring money 2 weeks before applying visa would look suspicious? In the invitation letter, I plan to say that my husband and myself will be providing for food and stay while she is in Canada. And show $8000-$9000 in our account to show for her 3 month stay.

Does your mom have any fixed deposits, mutual funds, etc?
No she does not have any fixed deposits, mutual funds in her name.

Would appreciate your response. Thanks a lot again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
A suggestion:
Can you mom apply a couple of months later (considering the processing times for her home country). Would the financial situation (without transferring money/borrowing) be better then?

For her property:
You could do a self-valuation or get a valuation done by a property valuer. Back this current market valuation with realty reports from property portals/banks/other similar sources for the market rates where the property is located.

I would still recommend she/you think about some strong must-return-by-date-reason, with evidence, as her overall ties to her home country are weak. This is because even though she owns property, it is a joint ownership with your dad = not a compelling reason to return.

Do keep her visit to only 2-3 weeks. Prepare a day-by-day itinerary like a tourist and for spending time with you/your family. Include expense estimates and show that she has the financial support of your dad/sister for this itinerary.

Also, do purchase an overseas travel medical insurance policy for duration matching her intended visit (although this is not mandatory)