softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My parents earlier had visitor visas which are now expired. Their visits are usually short & was never more than 2-4 months using previous visas. If I apply for TRV again, does it have higher chances of rejection as compared to PGP? Details: They have properties in my home country. I am only son, however my sister lives in home country. They are 65-70 years old & I am trying to avoid PGP visa considering medical insurance is too expensive.

PS: I will get medical insurance at the time of their visit, in case required. However, trying to avoid it for now.

TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My parents earlier had visitor visas which are now expired. Their visits are usually short & was never more than 2-4 months using previous visas. If I apply for TRV again, does it have higher chances of rejection as compared to PGP? Details: They have properties in my home country. I am only son, however my sister lives in home country. They are 65-70 years old & I am trying to avoid PGP visa considering medical insurance is too expensive.

PS: I will get medical insurance at the time of their visit, in case required. However, trying to avoid it for now.

TIA
They have a good chance of securing a TRV so can try that first. Could you afford to pay out of pocket if they did need medical attention in Canada? A bill could easily be 100k if sadly one of them had a heart attack for example. Although travel medical insurance for seniors is much more expensive than for young people that is because they end up in hospital al lot more frequently than young people. A small investment will save you a lot of money in the end. If you are worried about the cost of travel medical insurance I assume you don’t have the funds to cover of a minor accident like a broken arm which can easier happen just by tripping and falling in an always position. I broke my arm falling down 3 stairs although I have slipped on the same stairs other times and nothing has happened. Accidents happen and chances of a larger health issue increase with age. Save some money elsewhere, skip their gift this year, don’t eat a restaurant a few times or ask them to buy travel medical insurance so if they get sick or insured they don’t put financial pressure on the whole family.

Reactions: happiesalh

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have a good chance of securing a TRV so can try that first. Could you afford to pay out of pocket if they did need medical attention in Canada? A bill could easily be 100k if sadly one of them had a heart attack for example. Although travel medical insurance for seniors is much more expensive than for young people that is because they end up in hospital al lot more frequently than young people. A small investment will save you a lot of money in the end. If you are worried about the cost of travel medical insurance I assume you don’t have the funds to cover of a minor accident like a broken arm which can easier happen just by tripping and falling in an always position. I broke my arm falling down 3 stairs although I have slipped on the same stairs other times and nothing has happened. Accidents happen and chances of a larger health issue increase with age. Save some money elsewhere, skip their gift this year, don’t eat a restaurant a few times or ask them to buy travel medical insurance so if they get sick or insured they don’t put financial pressure on the whole family.
Thanks for your response.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

TIA
Do not avoid medical insurnace. And by the time they need it, it's too late to be insured. I am speaking from personal experience. And get one with good coverage and don't sign anything until the insurnace paid for all the costs. We were billed after we though we got all the cost covered and final document was signed while trying to claim insurnace. So we had to pay even we did buy insurnace.
You are comparing insurnace may be $1000 or couple of thousands vs $50,000 or more for out of pocket treatment.

Reactions: canuck78