+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV or Dual Intent

KBDB

May 4, 2017
Hi! I'm currently staying in Canada on my PR card and would like to sponsor my husband under the spousal sponsorship.
My husband is currently staying in Dubai and would like to visit me for a month. We are very confused whether my husband should apply for a visitor visa before his PR application or after his PR application.
I've heard many experiences where spouses have applied for a PR for their partners and applied for a visitor visa right after they receive their file number. But in all of these cases, the visitor visa gets rejected and the spouses usually receive their PR card between 6-8 months.
Also, my husband had applied for a visitor visa last year(while I was staying in Dubai with him), unfortunately his visitor visa got rejected. We are assuming the rejection happened due to not providing an invitation letter.

I've also consulted two lawyers in Canada and both are advising to apply for a dual intent. :(

I'd really appreciate if someone could advise as to how to go about this.
Thanks in advance :)

M

mikeymyke

If he's been refused a trv before, then its going to be pretty hard to get one again