+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

HDG

Jun 10, 2014
Hi guys,
Applied online on March 14th, 2018.
From India. Account reads checking if you meet the eligibility.
What should we expect next

DHARMDEEP SINGH

Jan 31, 2017
Hope you have sent a Case Specific Enquiry/web form to request for a decision.

Did you apply online or by paper? If you applied online then what is the update?

Did you apply with another family member? If yes, does he/she work in a government department/police/defense services/judiciary?
hiii @Bryanna how to send case specific enquiry?
my representative has applied online on behalf of me.
i have applied with my wife she is home maker.
but i am government employee in bank.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hiii @Bryanna how to send case specific enquiry?
my representative has applied online on behalf of me.
IRCC will not reply if you contact them directly. Your representative must send a web form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

i have applied with my wife she is home maker.
but i am government employee in bank.
Not sure why there's a delay in processing your applications. I don't think it is because you are an employee in a government bank

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
You're right.

I had given the same advice to @ubfx i.e. he submitted the scanned Schengen visa + flight bookings... to IRCC mid-way during his TRV processing. The Schengen visa will prove that the applicant has met the entry requirements for visa(s) to those countries + it helps to establish a strong travel history for the TRV.

Do send both a CSE and an email to the relevant visa office.

OP:
To answer your question: If you get a PPR when you're in Spain, you cannot go to the visa office/ Canadian embassy in Spain.... simply because there is Canadian embassy in Spain. Applications are processed/visas will be stamped by the Paris visa office. Even otherwise, walk-ins are not allowed.

If you get a PPR then you will need to contact (CSE and email) the visa office where you had applied from.... to request that you can submit your passport to the VAC in Spain for visa stamping.

Do make sure you factor in adequate time for courier/passport transmission + you would not need your passport to fly out of Spain. You will have max. 30 days to submit your passport. IMO, it's not a good idea to be without your passport in another country where you are only visiting
@kira260 i agree with @Bryanna that was a Key of success and turning point when i submitted my visa copies and when i landed back i send them email with landing stamp and new passport details and right after 2-3 weeks i got a call for PPR so Good Luck do follow her and you will get it very soon Good Luck

Reactions: Bryanna

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
@Mrmoody90 and others who have been waiting for more than 4-5 months for their visit visa. I have received info that you can write a letter of demands to the immigration manager( not sure who that would be) to get a response on the apllica
@kira260 i agree with @Bryanna that was a Key of success and turning point when i submitted my visa copies and when i landed back i send them email with landing stamp and new passport details and right after 2-3 weeks i got a call for PPR so Good Luck do follow her and you will get it very soon Good Luck
Well it's not for me, I don't have a schengan visa or a visa for any other country lol it was for someone else in the thread :)

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
@Bryanna

I have received advise from someone to submit a letter of demands to the immigration program manager( not sure who that is) in order to get a response faster. It's something like if they don't respond in 30 days that I will then take the case to judicial review.

What do you think about this? Has this method been used before and been successful? The lawyer mentioned that it's not always successful because it depends on the officer

Nana75

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
@Bryanna

I have received advise from someone to submit a letter of demands to the immigration program manager( not sure who that is) in order to get a response faster. It's something like if they don't respond in 30 days that I will then take the case to judicial review.

What do you think about this? Has this method been used before and been successful? The lawyer mentioned that it's not always successful because it depends on the officer
@kira260, what was the response? did he/she get any answer after submitting this demand letter? do you know exactly to whom it should be sent? I will I do that as I have a history of travel before?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
@kira260, what was the response? did he/she get any answer after submitting this demand letter? do you know exactly to whom it should be sent? I will I do that as I have a history of travel before?
I am not sure if all the details, one lawyer just told me this method has been used before. Another lawyer told me it's best not to contact CIC and let them do their thing because they may feel pressured.

Nana75

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
I am not sure if all the details, one lawyer just told me this method has been used before. Another lawyer told me it's best not to contact CIC and let them do their thing because they may feel pressured.
@kira260, this is why I'm asking cause my lawyer said the same info to me a long time ago, but he doesn't want to use it as we may get a refusal from the officer cause we are pushing to get an answer although it may take a long time if we take it to the court too :(

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
@kira260, this is why I'm asking cause my lawyer said the same info to me a long time ago, but he doesn't want to use it as we may get a refusal from the officer cause we are pushing to get an answer although it may take a long time if we take it to the court too :(
That's why I posted it asking bryanna what she thinks! Need more opinions, the last thing I want is a refusal making all this wait and depression a waste of time!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna

From whatever I understand, the Immigration Program Manager (IPM)/or any other visa staff cannot and will not expedite the processing if it is going through Background/Security checks.

And, again, I believe the Immigration Program Manager for India is also the South Asia Area Director i.e. he is responsible for coordination of the services offered by 5 visa offices (3 in India + Colombo + Islamabad) which effectively means handling operations for India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bhutan. Sri Lanka and Afghanistan. In short, the IPM is a senior visa official.

I suggest you just wait it out. You could send another CSE + an email

Reactions: kira260

Nana75

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
That's why I posted it asking bryanna what she thinks! Need more opinions, the last thing I want is a refusal making all this wait and depression a waste of time!
I know this is why I said what I heard from my lawyer and will be good to hear from others

Reactions: kira260