+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

Nana75

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
I am at 118 days now. It is quite common to hear within the 130 day + mark as a few others on here got their PPR around that time. Fingers crossed!
Ya, it seems to be a very long waiting for everyone here, hopefully you will get it soon and me too :)

Reactions: kira260

Pre33

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Ya, it seems to be a very long waiting for everyone here, hopefully you will get it soon and me too :)
Hi @kira260 @Bryanna my file still under processing 101 days completed. I have got Schengen Visa last week i am travelling to Spain on 30th March. If i send my Schengen visa copy to Canada Consulate or through web form will that help in speeding my application and how to send extra documents to Canada embassy online? if i get PPR when I am in Spain can i go to Canada embassy in Spain and submit my Passport there is that Possible?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Hi @kira260 @Bryanna my file still under processing 101 days completed. I have got Schengen Visa last week i am travelling to Spain on 30th March. If i send my Schengen visa copy to Canada Consulate or through web form will that help in speeding my application and how to send extra documents to Canada embassy online? if i get PPR when I am in Spain can i go to Canada embassy in Spain and submit my Passport there is that Possible?
It does help to send in a copy of your schengen visa through case specific but it won't necessarily speed up the process just makes your application stronger for the travel history assessment. Not sure about ppr ! @Bryanna will know :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

It does help to send in a copy of your schengen visa through case specific but it won't necessarily speed up the process just makes your application stronger for the travel history assessment. Not sure about ppr ! @Bryanna will know :)
You're right.

I had given the same advice to @ubfx i.e. he submitted the scanned Schengen visa + flight bookings... to IRCC mid-way during his TRV processing. The Schengen visa will prove that the applicant has met the entry requirements for visa(s) to those countries + it helps to establish a strong travel history for the TRV.

Do send both a CSE and an email to the relevant visa office.

OP:
To answer your question: If you get a PPR when you're in Spain, you cannot go to the visa office/ Canadian embassy in Spain.... simply because there is Canadian embassy in Spain. Applications are processed/visas will be stamped by the Paris visa office. Even otherwise, walk-ins are not allowed.

If you get a PPR then you will need to contact (CSE and email) the visa office where you had applied from.... to request that you can submit your passport to the VAC in Spain for visa stamping.

Do make sure you factor in adequate time for courier/passport transmission + you would not need your passport to fly out of Spain. You will have max. 30 days to submit your passport. IMO, it's not a good idea to be without your passport in another country where you are only visiting

Reactions: ubfx

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
those who got approved after the long wait for security checks, did you get any movement on the application i.e ghost emails or changes in the status online or did it just suddenly change to approved without anything in between?

uiqbal1

Mar 5, 2018
Pakistani Passport TRV (refused once 2 years before)
Applied online from Kuwait on 6th March
Bio-metrics submitted on 7th March
PP Request received on 21st March
PP Sent to Embassy in Abu Dhabi through Aramex on 21st March

Reactions: Mrmoody90

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna i need your humble advice. i have applied on 2nd
Hope you have sent a Case Specific Enquiry/web form to request for a decision.

Did you apply online or by paper? If you applied online then what is the update?

Did you apply with another family member? If yes, does he/she work in a government department/police/defense services/judiciary?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Pakistani Passport TRV (refused once 2 years before)
Applied online from Kuwait on 6th March
Bio-metrics submitted on 7th March
PP Request received on 21st March
PP Sent to Embassy in Abu Dhabi through Aramex on 21st March
Wow, very lucky!! Enjoy your trip!

Reactions: uiqbal1