+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

YAS22

Dec 20, 2017
i applied for visit canada on 7th december 2017 in a office dubai,,Canada Visa Application Centre - VFS. AND I GOT THE MSG ON 9th dec, that my application have been send to embassy of abu dhabi and its under process and on 17th decem. when i track my num on the site its written that .....the decision have been send to ur email buy embassy canada if you did not rceive any email contacts us buy email....and i contact them buy email the next they they ask me the info.like my track num,name passport num. once i send then i got a reply email.....we are try to answer all the applicants how have its depend upon the application thatt he receive everyday and some other info about immigration......its been almost 2 weeks i applied

does any one have any idea why its happening or any reason behind that or its happen to any one before i wll be thanks ful for help

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
well i live in Australia and i got married in feb 2017 in Pakistan so i applied from lahore and my visa application is being processed in Sydney.

Are you originally from pakistan applying for a visit visa for Canada? They are probably doing background checks for pakistan as well as Australia for you... I haven't visited anywhere except for Maldives so I donno what they are checking for!

YAS22

Dec 20, 2017
no i lived in dubai and background pakistan i have my own business in dubai and haved family friend in canada so i we are going to do business together in canada so i showed all my proof to returns back in dubai

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
no i lived in dubai and background pakistan i have my own business in dubai and haved family friend in canada so i we are going to do business together in canada so i showed all my proof to returns back in dubai
My reply was actually for another person. But ok :) well if you are doing business did you apply for a business visitor visa? Also normally they don't provide decisions in email... the process you have mentioned above seems sort of strange. I would call vfs

YAS22

Dec 20, 2017
lolss no i apply for visit visa for business we should show a buisness in canada but its still not yet start but i did not contact vfs i emailed to immigration

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My representative found out for me. And then I called the number
1 (888) 242-2100 to make sure it was true and the automated message said my application is undergoing background check. It's strange because the email my representative got said it's a security check to see if I'm admissible to Canada, but my profile online says background check not applicable.

There is nothing to do but wait now is what I was told but I will keep trying to get a response. They also didn't say if this is the last stage of the application or if it's still the first stage. I wonder how they decide who should go for a background check and who should not. The first time I applied I was refused within 16 days without background check and I know people who have gotten a visitor visa from India in just a few days no checks no nothing. It would be interesting to know how they decide.
Do you or have you worked in the defense services, police or a government department? Do you handle any sensitive information (maybe of national interest)? Or do you work in an employment area which needs sensitive information?

Or have you traveled to or lived in a high risk country?

theres

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
My representative found out for me. And then I called the number
1 (888) 242-2100 to make sure it was true and the automated message said my application is undergoing background check. It's strange because the email my representative got said it's a security check to see if I'm admissible to Canada, but my profile online says background check not applicable.

There is nothing to do but wait now is what I was told but I will keep trying to get a response. They also didn't say if this is the last stage of the application or if it's still the first stage. I wonder how they decide who should go for a background check and who should not. The first time I applied I was refused within 16 days without background check and I know people who have gotten a visitor visa from India in just a few days no checks no nothing. It would be interesting to know how they decide.
Is that a Canada number?

theres

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Do you or have you worked in the defense services, police or a government department? Do you handle any sensitive information (maybe of national interest)? Or do you work in an employment area which needs sensitive information?

Hi Bryanna ,
Do Bioinformatics/ biotechnology comes under employment area which requires security/ background check?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017

I'm self employed and own a clothing business!!! lol I have lived at home until now not involved in any sensitive info or with the government nor are any of my family members. I have only visited maldives and am a citizen of India. This doesn't make sense to me.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna ,
Do Bioinformatics/ biotechnology comes under employment area which requires security/ background check?
Yes, for US visas, particularly for international students/their dependents who have worked in sensitive research areas, including biotechnology. Not fully sure if current visa applicants to Canada - who have similar academic/research/career profiles - also go through extended security checks