May 29, 2013
Med's Done....
April 17, 2013
Passport Req..
November 19, 2013, passport received by embassy: Dec.5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 20,2014
O_guy said:
einahpets85, 18 hours is very fast. Are you visiting for business? And how did you receive the letter? If you applied online as you indicated, you would not receive a "letter".
oh sorry.. its an email.. I'm here visiting my husband while waiting for the result of our spousal sponsorship. The reason for my visit (spending time with my husband while waiting for the result of our spousal application) was clearly stated in my husbands letter of invitation and support and also in my letter. I know its fast I'm surprised too :) and very thankful for the fast result.

einahpets85

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2013
AOR Received.
May 29, 2013
Med's Done....
April 17, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
January 20,2014
expat105 said:
Applied online from Somalia on Thursday morning. Got a response within 4 hours via the myCIC page requesting that I send my passport via DHL to the Nairobi visa office. DHL was received in Nairobi today morning. Now awaiting the return of the passport.

Very quick and efficient process so far.
congrats :) that means visa already :)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
einahpets85, I'm interested to know more about your situation because I'm going through a similar situation. I helped my wife with a visitor visa while we are waiting for the spouse sponsorship. Can you share more details about your situation? I ask because I thought most spouse visitor visa are denied due to fear that they will not return to home country at the end of the visa. Are there specific documents that you think helped you get the approval? Did you submit proof that you work in your home country and will return there? Please tell me more about your situation. Thanks.

einahpets85

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2013
AOR Received.
May 29, 2013
Med's Done....
April 17, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
January 20,2014
O_guy said:
einahpets85, I'm interested to know more about your situation because I'm going through a similar situation. I helped my wife with a visitor visa while we are waiting for the spouse sponsorship. Can you share more details about your situation? I ask because I thought most spouse visitor visa are denied due to fear that they will not return to home country at the end of the visa. Are there specific documents that you think helped you get the approval? Did you submit proof that you work in your home country and will return there? Please tell me more about your situation. Thanks.
hi O_guy..

yeah actually I read in the forum that my chances of getting a visitors visa is slim to none but still tried my luck. Fortunately I got the visa and surprisingly it was super fast. One of the things I believed that help was we emphasized in our letters that we have an ongoing spousal sponsorship (we mentioned the date of the SA too) and that I have to go back to my country within the timeframe given or when they requested for my passport. My husband made a letter of invitation stating the reasons why he wanted me to visit here and in that letter also it was stated that he will cover all my expenses while im here. So we attached his
(1)notice of assessment
(2) T4
(3) his letter of employtment.

For my letter, I stated the reasons of my visit and also stated the reasons why I need to go home to my country.

and to answer your question, yeah I did submit letter of employment from my employer.

expat105

Jul 24, 2011
einahpets85 said:
congrats :) that means visa already :)
Got the passport back this morning via DHL.

8 years (passport validity) multiple entry visa. :D

Applied Online : 21AUG13
Passport Request : 21AUG13
Passport Received in NBO office : 26AUG13
Passport Returned to me : 05SEP13

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
I've applied from Pakistan! I couldn't upload my schedule 1 form(as it was having technical issues) and also it said everywhere that its optional.so I submitted the application without it. Now everyone says that it's compulsory for the Pakistanis to submit that. What should I do now? Should I wait for them to ask for it or should i email them the form with my details n visa application #? Please someone help me? They don't reject applications cos of it, do they?I hope so not! I'll be very grateful if someone could help me here. Thanks!!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
einahpets85 said:
hi O_guy..

yeah actually I read in the forum that my chances of getting a visitors visa is slim to none but still tried my luck. Fortunately I got the visa and surprisingly it was super fast. One of the things I believed that help was we emphasized in our letters that we have an ongoing spousal sponsorship (we mentioned the date of the SA too) and that I have to go back to my country within the timeframe given or when they requested for my passport. My husband made a letter of invitation stating the reasons why he wanted me to visit here and in that letter also it was stated that he will cover all my expenses while im here. So we attached his
(1)notice of assessment
(2) T4
(3) his letter of employtment.

For my letter, I stated the reasons of my visit and also stated the reasons why I need to go home to my country.

and to answer your question, yeah I did submit letter of employment from my employer.
einahpets85, thank you very much for that information. We submitted similar documents. The main difference is that you sumitted your own letter of explanation, but my wife did not. I just put all the explanation in the letter of invitation. I will keep this in mind if we have to reapply.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
O_guy said:
If you are applying online, I don't think it matters which country you live in. My understanding is that all online applications go to a centeralized location (possibly Ottawa?). If anyone knows something different, tell us.

simrannkaur, when did you submit your application? Was it in August?
Not true. Application goes to the respective visa office.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dotmatrix said:
Not true. Application goes to the respective visa office.
dotmatrix, my statement was true, but yours is not true. The deciding factor of where TRV online application goes is not where the applicant lives. Please see the below link:

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Quote from the above link: "Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them."

There are 15 overseas visa offices experiencing full scale walk-out due to the work dispute. Therefore, CIC encourages TRV applicants to submit their application online so that CIC has "flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them."

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
O_guy said:
dotmatrix, my statement was true, but yours is not true. The deciding factor of where TRV online application goes is not where the applicant lives. Please see the below link:

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Quote from the above link: "Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them."

There are 15 overseas visa offices experiencing full scale walk-out due to the work dispute. Therefore, CIC encourages TRV applicants to submit their application online so that CIC has "flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them."

It does give them flexibility in case there are bottle necks. Could be a contingency measure for the strike. You can't infer that they all default to Ottawa

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not say they default to Ottawa. There is centralized location where the applications are firs looked at by CIC when then decide where to move the case for processing.

Furthermore, this is not just contingency plan for the strike. It has been reported in the news that The government of Canada plans to cut cost by setting up centralized location for visa processing in canada rather than having many visa offices around the world. This is why the goer meant is not in a hurry to deal with this strike action.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
One of my relative applied online. She is from Pak, she submitted online application on Friday and got refused on Monday - Took 1 business day for them to decide. I guess if they have ti refuse, the'll do it sooner than later for Online apps - As no scanning of docs required at their end. However if they have to issue visa, it'll take longer for further checks etc... My 2 cents

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadtajwer said:
One of my relative applied online. She is from Pak, she submitted online application on Friday and got refused on Monday - Took 1 business day for them to decide. I guess if they have ti refuse, the'll do it sooner than later for Online apps - As no scanning of docs required at their end. However if they have to issue visa, it'll take longer for further checks etc... My 2 cents
ahmadtajwer, I think you are right. I have been wondering the same thing for weeks now. I have read many of these forums and it appears that the response from CIC is much faster when the TRV is being denied.

hbushra

Jan 21, 2012
My husband's a refugee claimant.
i applied for TRV Sep 30th (yesterday) online from pakistan/islamabad.

my paper application was refused twice last year. Now i have submitted a much stronger application.

waiting for any positive response.

kewl

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh Online TRV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-04-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2014 (Multiple)
LANDED..........
First landed in 09/2016. Visa Expired 11/2016. Reapplied with approved TRV valid until 2021
here's my timeline (in progress)

September 26 - Submitted online application here in Riyadh KSA and received same day confirmation received by CIC.

waiting......