UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Hi all,

My parents got rejection today for TRV application within 6days of submission.

Reasons:
1. Not leave Canada after end of visit,
2. Travel History,
3. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence.

Brief overview of application:
1. Travel history: My parents have a visit to Saudia Arabia in 2009, mentioned that in schedule-1 and they came back in time(mentioned in explanation letters). In addition to this in 1980's my father visited Canada for 10 weeks and went back(mentioned this visit in explanation letter only with pictures of old passport because it is more than 20 years old).
2. Finance : Showed good funds with present employment earnings.
3. Relationship with me: showed passport and my birth certificate.
4. Purpose of visit: showed official university invitation for parents.
5. Invitation letter: i wrote a letter addressing every thing mentioned on cic website for invitation letter. I am working full time in NOC B, renting a 2 bedroom apartment, etc....
6. Ties back home: My dad took letter from present employer and get it printed with a leave of 3 weeks, tax paying certificate, salary stubs, pension letters. My brother lives in Pakistan, showed his attachment with dad, my dad own some property showed rent of them,etc

I am fail to understand why my parents got rejection and both father&mother got same reasons.

I will appreciate your help in this case.

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia is not considered as 'Travel History'. It would've helped if your parents had traveled earlier to countries that require visas (the US/UK, etc).

2. For how long did your parents want to visit? I think for 3 weeks, right?

3. Is your brother married? Does he depend on your parents. For example, he is studying/not employed and living with your parents?

4. Do they live with any other dependent family members (for example, your grandparents)?

5. Your dad should've included property ownership documents + property tax receipts + self-valuation/valuation by a property assessor + rent agreements + 2-3 months rent receipts, etc

6. You should've prepared a day-by-day plan of what they would do during their visit with expense estimates. A plan only for the convocation event won't help

7. Were your parents' finances sufficient to pay for the visit + airfare? Hope there were no last-minute transfers/deposits in their bank accounts

Cheers

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Thanks for your abrupt reply,

1. Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia is not considered as 'Travel History'. It would've helped if your parents had traveled earlier to countries that require visas (the US/UK, etc).

Unfortunately they dont have such visit in last 5 years. Though my dad travelled around alot of places including Canada, USA, Poland, etc but 20 years back.

2. For how long did your parents want to visit? I think for 3 weeks, right?

Yes 3 weeks.

3. Is your brother married? Does he depend on your parents. For example, he is studying/not employed and living with your parents?

Yes he is married, self dependent and have 2 kids. ( I didnot showed any legal documents of relationship with brother back home)

4. Do they live with any other dependent family members (for example, your grandparents)?

Nop they live alone and my grand parents are not alive.

5. Your dad should've included property ownership documents + property tax receipts + self-valuation/valuation by a property assessor + rent agreements + 2-3 months rent receipts, etc

Yup. ( I attached all legal documents but i think they are satisfied with finance that is why VO didnt check that box in rejection letter)

6. You should've prepared a day-by-day plan of what they would do during their visit with expense estimates. A plan only for the convocation event won't help

I will look into it for next application which i am going to apply with in a week.

7. Were your parents' finances sufficient to pay for the visit + airfare? Hope there were no last-minute transfers/deposits in their bank accounts

Yeah they have good money in bank...... We did not bought tickets.

In addition to this i have a sight that my father didnot attached any affidavit saying that he will return back home. I thought as he is applying himself so he do not need any affidavit.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately they dont have such visit in last 5 years. Though my dad travelled around alot of places including Canada, USA, Poland, etc but 20 years back.
Unfortunately, you cannot do much to change their travel history before you reapply.

Yes he is married, self dependent and have 2 kids. ( I didnot showed any legal documents of relationship with brother back home)
This explains the refusal reason for 'Family ties in Canada' because your parents ties to Canada will appear stronger as they don't have any dependent family members to return home to.

Yup. ( I attached all legal documents but i think they are satisfied with finance that is why VO didnt check that box in rejection letter)
I would consider the refusal as a whole, instead of just the reasons that were checked.

Yeah they have good money in bank...... We did not bought tickets.
That's good. And, it's not a good idea to buy tickets before visas are issued

In addition to this i have a sight that my father didnot attached any affidavit saying that he will return back home. I thought as he is applying himself so he do not need any affidavit.
This does not help and is not required. What would work is evidence of your parents' ties to Pakistan.

IMO, your parents strong ties are your dad's employment + good financial situation + property ownership + rental properties + pension. I suggest you check/recheck that all possible evidence is included for these ties.

Can they also include some reason for which they must return to Pakistan by a specific date?

Please do not reapply with the exact same documents as before. Do post the detailed list of documents (if you prefer a second opinion)

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Thanks, returning on specific occasion to back home is a good idea.

Detailed list of documents is as below:

Financial Documents:
Bank statements and maintenance certificate from bank,
Employment letter,
Pay stubs,
Tax paying certificate,
Pension certificate from past government service,
Rental agreement from houses owned,
Land owned allotment letter,
Lease transfers to fathers name of houses owned.

Invitation Letter:

Letter written by me stating purpose of visit with duration, how they will stay, who will spend money, etc and also mentioned my present job.
Attached with it employment letter, pay stubs, university invitation, rent agreement, last job T4 and bank statements.

Marriage certificate

Explanation letter from father and mother separately.
For father i mentioned his 20 years old canada trip with passport pics, his present employer and leave granted proof,

Travel history ( old passport stamp pages pictures)

Purpose of visit ( university invitation letter and mentioned on separate paper that how they will stay during visit and who will pay)

Relationship with me
( my passport first page and birth certificate )

Thanks again for your assistance. Really appreciate this favor.