+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV NOT YET RELEASED and my flight had lapsed

mrsdiaz

Oct 6, 2016

Good morning everyone! :)
I'm a newbie here in the forum.

May I kindly ask for your time to see my case with regards on my application for TRV

I have applied for TRV to visit my husband (born and raised) in Canada. After 10days I got the result and it was refused. With 2 reasons:
1- Travel History
2- Employment Prospect in the country of Residence

I submitted the ff on my online application:

1- Employment Certificate (indicating my length of stay in the company, present positon and department in the company and salary)
2- Bank Certificate with statements for the last 4 months.
3- Bank Certificate (Joint Account with my husband)with statements for the last 4 months.
4- All my previous passports with stamps and Visa Markings (all under maiden name)
5- Certificate of registration of my car under my name
6- My 3 life insurance/investment certificates
7- My identification card and certificate as a Licensed Real Estate Broker. My company ID.
8- marriage certificate, his Canadian passport and both of our birth certificates
9- Husband's notarized itinerary which also includes detailed itinerary(he mentioned he will provide the accommodation and all possible travel expenses during my trip) with complete contact numbers and addresses including friends we will visit
10- our confirmed and paid flight tickets (with return tickets) My husband will even take same flight on departure from Canada back in PH as he take his vacation and will stay for a month in PH
12- time deposit bank certificate
11- all other documents/forms i filled out and submitted except for Explanation letter and Medical appointment

Truthfully speaking, I was optimistic to get an approval because I know to my self that I have clear and good intentions.
I am financially independent and self sufficient ever since I started working.
i am a regular employee in a real estate company for more than a decade as a licensed real estate broker.
I don't own business or any properties but I was able to save somehow from my earnings.
I have a travel history since 2009 and have been to various countries across Asia. (around 18 countries across Asia).
I have available own fund for this trip to support personal expenses and to share expenses with my husband
Though We have not mentioned anything about PR in my TRV application since my husband also doesn't want to create confusion or put a doubt to the officer on why I am getting a TRV and not PR. (this is why i didn't submit explanation letter)
Currently,we are not in the stage to decide whether to process the PR since my job has sufficiently sustained my needs and living a pretty decent and comfortable life in PH, though I am also open to start and create new opportunity in Canada. This is the reason I told to my husband that I can probably just make a visit first and so to see his country and the way of life there before we decide whether we settle in his country or mine.
But I guess this is not about my perception. it's all about through the eyes of the visa officer. It's all about the officer's discretion whether to grant the visa or not. It's only until I got refused when I started to read reviews, blogs and experience of all applicants with a citizen spouse. I've read that once they see that you have a Citizen spouse, it's already a red flag. And I think I almost read all threads and cases. And I am not exempted from it as well, I have felt all the negative emotions one can feel about this. it's also painful in the pocket most especially with all the expenses I incurred for the tickets and all the processing fees to acquire each documents needed on this application. I won't brag about it anymore since I've already realized all the risk I made after being refused.

Anyhow, it is indicated in the letter that I can re-apply provided that I submit stronger proof to support my application. And so i decided to give it a try again and I've tried to gather more documents.
And so here it goes..

on my 2nd application I submitted the above-mentioned documents plus new documents such as:
1- approved leave form from employer: with specific dates and number of leave. and stating the reason: "to visit husband in Canada/Honeymoon trip" (we just got married 5months ago by the way)
2- letter from my immediate supervisor with Subject: Commitment on return to work (my name)
3- Detailed explanation letter, wherein I answered and made explanation on the 2 reasons why I got refused. That (1) Travel History- I indicated that all my previous trips were all financed by my self and I included the complete list, by date,and year of all countries I visited. (2) Employment Prospect in country of residence- I have thoroughly explained my work and my significant achievements from work. Like receiving significant awards and I even added pictures of my awards from all my good performances. I have explained that I can only maximize the approved requested leave(17days) and that I commit of being back in the Ph and this trip will be our official honeymoon since were not able to go on a honeymoon plan due limited time off right after the wedding
4- hotel booking in Alberta
5- flight tickets within Canada (as standby passengers since my husband is working in an airline-) Since we also plan to fly to different cities within Canada

Now my dilemma is this, From application date,so far has gone 24 days and up to now the decision has not come yet. And my flight is supposed to be on this day, and to avoid total forfeiture of my tickets, I have requested to cancel my flight from the airline company and informed my employer that I will temporary cancel my requested leave and i advised them that I still haven't received the visa. I have also made a cancellation on our hotel in Alberta

I searched if there are similar cases like mine and As I came to read on this forum, I saw that there are cases wherein some applicants even took months before they got the result.

I just would like to ask, will this have a bearing of disapproval since my request leave from employer and flight tickets had already lapsed?
at the same time, is this a possible indication that they are also considering to grant my VISA? Although I read that the time frame of approval varies and case to case basis. (but to be honest, I'm hopeful that they are considering to grant my visa for taking longer time to make a decision compared from my 1st application)
If they do, I also don't mind if they give me a single entry or even specific date of use of Visa. I will be very grateful if at least they grant the Visa.. I just also want to see my husband and this time I am the one visiting him, I'm very eager to see him and be with him as we travel together.
I don't mind if I pay additional re-booking fees instead of not being able to use the tickets (they are from my hard-earned money) if ever I got approved. I am still hopeful somehow..

But whatever the decision will be, at the end of the day a lot of lessons are learned but I am still fervently praying that the officer would see our good intentions..
Thank you for reading my story and I apologize for the mini-novel :))​

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One piece of advice is that you should never book an airline ticket before you have an approved visa in hand.

Secondly, it tends to be difficult to secure a TRV for your spouse if you are Canadian. CIC often assumes you have plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Yes - it's possible you may be approved. However also quite possible you may be refused again.

mrsdiaz

Oct 6, 2016
Thank you for the reply..

yes unfortunately, I never have realized all of these until I got refused :(
I should have done my research first most esp. my spouse is a Canadian citizen

although I am also thinking that getting 2 way ticket,means showing good faith that I am only traveling on specific date mentioned
and that i don't intend to overstay

i guess, this is the risk i have to take
sometimes lesson learned the hard way but
I still believe this is not the end of it.

And yes, i pray that they will still consider to approve my visa
"fingers crossed" and will keep on praying

I appreciate for taking time to read my post :)