+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV maximum stay expiring, need to extend

YVR-MNL

Apr 3, 2020
Hello,

My partner was awarded a multiple entry tourist visa expiring in 2022 under the family unification program due to COVID 19. She first arrived here in November and her first 6 months will be expiring this week. We applied online for a "Visitor Record extension" (not sure the exact term and the ircc web portal is down atm) last month but there has been no progress in the online application.

I am seeking some guidance on how to proceed as we obviously want to remain compliant. Should we visit a CBSA office to inquire further? We are in the greater Vancouver area so driving distance to the border and the airport but not really sure where we should be going.

Looking forward to any help you can offer us.

Thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My partner was awarded a multiple entry tourist visa expiring in 2022 under the family unification program due to COVID 19. She first arrived here in November and her first 6 months will be expiring this week. We applied online for a "Visitor Record extension" (not sure the exact term and the ircc web portal is down atm) last month but there has been no progress in the online application.

I am seeking some guidance on how to proceed as we obviously want to remain compliant. Should we visit a CBSA office to inquire further? We are in the greater Vancouver area so driving distance to the border and the airport but not really sure where we should be going.

Looking forward to any help you can offer us.

Thanks in advance.
No need to go to a CBSA office.

As per section R181, a temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have legal status as a temporary resident during the processing period.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Reactions: YVR-MNL