+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV: Is just pay-stub enough of proof for funds for visitor visa?

karanbir498

May 5, 2019
Hello,

I am PR and have my parents currently in Canada as visitors, and I would like to extend their stay. However, I recently bought a new house and new furniture/appliances from scratch and have a very low running balance atm. Though I do have decent amount of salary, decently north of 100k. Would it be enough to just show my paystub as proof of income?

I found this page according to which it should be enough: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#incometables
But still seems weird just posting my paystub as funds-proof. So just wanted to know some opinions here.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello,

I am PR and have my parents currently in Canada as visitors, and I would like to extend their stay. However, I recently bought a new house and new furniture/appliances from scratch and have a very low running balance atm. Though I do have decent amount of salary, decently north of 100k. Would it be enough to just show my paystub as proof of income?

I found this page according to which it should be enough: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#incometables
But still seems weird just posting my paystub as funds-proof. So just wanted to know some opinions here.
I did not understand Your Query here
The chart you refer is mostly for Super Visa purpose , I believe your parents are in V V and you are trying to extend

Buying house or any stuff will not change the $ Number in your bi-weekly paystub or your T4/NOA 2021.
If you are talking about your bank statement balance , that will not matter much
Just provide T4/NOA, PAYSTUB ,
you should be fine

Good Luck

Reactions: karanbir498

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Their funds are more important than your funds. They should be able to show that they have the funds to cover their stay. As a secondary source of finances your low savings amount is a negative because of they have immediate needs then you don’t have any savings.