Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
is there any one who is kind enough to tell me what are the things i can say or not say in my invitation letter?

I know the dynamics like monetary assistant and all but i need to know other things i need to disclose and not to share in my invitation letter. We are planning to apply for trv for her to visit here in Canada. My partner is a transgender woman and i met her online last Jan 2014 and we meet personally in the Philippines last Jan 2015 for 2 months.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Hey there!

I don't think you need to go in too much details about your relationship, all I wrote in my invitation letter for my boyfriend is that we had been dating for a few months, nothing more.

You need to be very specific about where this person is going to live, especially if they will be living withy you, therefore provide address in Canada. Also if you are going to be providing any financial support, make that very clear. If you are paying for accommodation and things like that, provide a bank statement that shows that you have the means to do so.

In our case, I made a detailed itinerary for things we wanted to do and events to attend (Birthday parties, graduation, friend's wedding, small road trips etc). The more you can give the better, especially if this person wants to come for a long time. Explain in details the reason for this trip.

Your significant other should also write a letter of intent explaining basically the same information but from his point of view. The applicant should also include in his letter all his ties back home, because essentially that is what CIC wants to see! They need to be convinced that this person will not overstay in Canada illegally.

Let me know if you need more info! Our application got approved for a TRV so I am assuming all our letters and evidence was good enough for CIC and I am glad to share it with you! :)

Reactions: Jieanne

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
CaroM8 said:
Hey there!

I don't think you need to go in too much details about your relationship, all I wrote in my invitation letter for my boyfriend is that we had been dating for a few months, nothing more.

You need to be very specific about where this person is going to live, especially if they will be living withy you, therefore provide address in Canada. Also if you are going to be providing any financial support, make that very clear. If you are paying for accommodation and things like that, provide a bank statement that shows that you have the means to do so.

In our case, I made a detailed itinerary for things we wanted to do and events to attend (Birthday parties, graduation, friend's wedding, small road trips etc). The more you can give the better, especially if this person wants to come for a long time. Explain in details the reason for this trip.

Your significant other should also write a letter of intent explaining basically the same information but from his point of view. The applicant should also include in his letter all his ties back home, because essentially that is what CIC wants to see! They need to be convinced that this person will not overstay in Canada illegally.

Let me know if you need more info! Our application got approved for a TRV so I am assuming all our letters and evidence was good enough for CIC and I am glad to share it with you! :)

Thank you for you help!!! I appreciate it if you can send me a sample on how you wrote the invitation letter and what are evidences of you and your boyfriend submitted?. Where are you from? Are you a male or female? Where is he from? Did you submit t4 too? How long did your bf stay here in canada?

Please i need all the help i can get. Thank you in advance.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Hey there,

I am a female canadian and he is male from Guatemala. The evidence we submitted for his ties back home were property ownership papers, letter from employer and family obligations. Other things you can submit are lease agreements, future appointments or engagements, school schedule etc.. I did not submit T4s, just bank statement, but if you have your T4 slips then yes they are good evidence of your income.

He has not come to Canada as we just got approved, we will probably travel there together in May. He was granted a Multiple Entry visa valid for 3 years. You do not need to apply for a multiple entry, the visa officer will consider it depending on your application.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
CaroM8 said:
Hey there,

I am a female canadian and he is male from Guatemala. The evidence we submitted for his ties back home were property ownership papers, letter from employer and family obligations. Other things you can submit are lease agreements, future appointments or engagements, school schedule etc.. I did not submit T4s, just bank statement, but if you have your T4 slips then yes they are good evidence of your income.

He has not come to Canada as we just got approved, we will probably travel there together in May. He was granted a Multiple Entry visa valid for 3 years. You do not need to apply for a multiple entry, the visa officer will consider it depending on your application.
Thank you once again!!! Im so glad you replied.

My girlfriend is currently employed, has her newly opened business, certificate of employment, loa letter, all of her income tax document and her property tax, bank account amounting to 5000 cad, affidavit from her parents attesting the travel and willingness to support in case needed. Her social security and housing contribution. Travel insurance, airline reservation, we can add her cover letter. Do you think this is enough?

When you said family obligation? What does that mean?
How much money does your bf have in his bank account? (cad) - im sorry if i need to ask this because i need to know how much money does she need to have.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
any more suggestion on how to write invitation letter? some samples will do. thanks