+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV inside Canada after getting PGWP

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hi all,

I have studied two programs (of 1 year each) and just received a 3 year PGWP.

So, out of those 2:

Program 1 - was done completely online from my country (I never went to Canada and no study permit was issued, but my application for study permit was approved and I had a TRV stamped on my passport)

Program 2 - also was approved the same way as Program 1 , have a TRV for it but on this TRV I actually travelled, got study permit at port of entry and full studies were completed in Canada.

Now, when I was applying for new TRV inside Canada (as the TRV for Program 2 expired in September 2022) , this question has puzzled me:

Find out if you're eligible to apply

Does one of the following apply to you?
  • I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
  • I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
  • I am in primary or secondary school, or a visiting or exchange student, in Canada with visitor status.
  • I am applying for an open work permit under an active public policy or pilot program announced by IRCC.

Yes, I did apply and was approved for Program 1 and no study permit was issued at port of entry. So should I say Yes?

Any help would be appreciated, also has someone else been in this position?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Since no one replied, if any one is wondering what i did:

Answered 'Yes' and gave an explanation about it in client information section by uploading a pdf. I am surprised no one in this forum had any suggestions about it lol.

Will update on what happens to TRV application

Reactions: Rayfah