Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
My question is regarding TRV for in-laws. June 8, 2020, the Government says that parents of the spouse of a PR or citizen are exempt from the travel restrictions (OIC 2020-0549). The same was confirmed by the CBSA by email when I sent the query on their website. Asked the VO, they referred me to the IRCC website which lists who are considered immediate family members according to section 2 of the IRPR. This was contradicting information where IRCC would say only the parents of the PR or citizen are exempt but in their news notice of October 2, where they outlined the extended family members who are not exempt, they refer to the news posted by CBSA on June 8.

This was to give context as before applying, I could not get clear information for our situation. The same day my in-laws received their biometrics letter, they received a letter saying that they did not provide enough proof that they meet the exemption. I sent an email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to provide proof that they met the exemption. No reply. My husband had sent an email previously and they replied to him three weeks after I sent my email. Two days after he replied (also copying the email I had sent), the refusal letter was received.

There are many reasons why I think all documentation was not taken into consideration. I have contacted our MP office and the information they received from IRCC proves that they did not consider all proof submitted. For example, they said that there were not sufficient funds for them to stay for 3 months. We did not ask for three months. They said there was no financial proof from either side but also that there was only 2k showed. This is incorrect as I showed statements over several months for two different accounts and the 2k was the initial amount of one of the accounts but we showed more than that.

I want to know if anyone had a situation where they know all documentation was not considered and how did you address it without submitting a new application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My question is regarding TRV for in-laws. June 8, 2020, the Government says that parents of the spouse of a PR or citizen are exempt from the travel restrictions (OIC 2020-0549). The same was confirmed by the CBSA by email when I sent the query on their website. Asked the VO, they referred me to the IRCC website which lists who are considered immediate family members according to section 2 of the IRPR. This was contradicting information where IRCC would say only the parents of the PR or citizen are exempt but in their news notice of October 2, where they outlined the extended family members who are not exempt, they refer to the news posted by CBSA on June 8.

This was to give context as before applying, I could not get clear information for our situation. The same day my in-laws received their biometrics letter, they received a letter saying that they did not provide enough proof that they meet the exemption. I sent an email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to provide proof that they met the exemption. No reply. My husband had sent an email previously and they replied to him three weeks after I sent my email. Two days after he replied (also copying the email I had sent), the refusal letter was received.

There are many reasons why I think all documentation was not taken into consideration. I have contacted our MP office and the information they received from IRCC proves that they did not consider all proof submitted. For example, they said that there were not sufficient funds for them to stay for 3 months. We did not ask for three months. They said there was no financial proof from either side but also that there was only 2k showed. This is incorrect as I showed statements over several months for two different accounts and the 2k was the initial amount of one of the accounts but we showed more than that.

I want to know if anyone had a situation where they know all documentation was not considered and how did you address it without submitting a new application.
There is a difference between in-laws and parents. Is the child of this couple a citizen or PR? These are uncertain times so you should be able to show proof that they can afford to stay for many months in case they have to stay for many months do you imposes travel restrictions or flight cancellations. For TRVs the savings of the applicants is the most important. The child’s financial status is secondary. How much more savings did you show other than the 2k? Was that liquid savings?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
There is a difference between in-laws and parents. Is the child of this couple a citizen or PR? These are uncertain times so you should be able to show proof that they can afford to stay for many months in case they have to stay for many months do you imposes travel restrictions or flight cancellations. For TRVs the savings of the applicants is the most important. The child’s financial status is secondary. How much more savings did you show other than the 2k? Was that liquid savings?
I know that there is a difference, but the government website clearly states the parents of the spouse of a CC/PR (which I quoted to your request on another thread) and as mentioned, the CBSA confirmed that they were exempt. The stay was for 30 days plus quarantine and it was mentioned on different documents that we expect it to be shorter as it depended on the date of approval (as they could not extend their stay as they had to go back).

Travel/medical insurance was purchased as well as tickets. They did not have any expenses in Canada and we planned only one outing. There was a detailed day by day plan. The liquid funds were about 14K which was extra to expenses related to their trip and reserved for any emergency after the quarantine.

They have showed sufficient ties (business and property) to demonstrate that they would not overstay. Furthermore, they planned to visit their other children, both living outside of their country of origin.

The quarantine plan was extremely detailed. As mentioned above, they do not have anything to pay while they would be in Canada. In my opinion, the fact that IRCC says that there were no financial proof on either side to support a three-month stay for the applicant shows that they have not considered all supporting documentation provided

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
I know that there is a difference, but the government website clearly states the parents of the spouse of a CC/PR (which I quoted to your request on another thread) and as mentioned, the CBSA confirmed that they were exempt. The stay was for 30 days plus quarantine and it was mentioned on different documents that we expect it to be shorter as it depended on the date of approval (as they could not extend their stay as they had to go back).

Travel/medical insurance was purchased as well as tickets. They did not have any expenses in Canada and we planned only one outing. There was a detailed day by day plan. The liquid funds were about 14K which was extra to expenses related to their trip and reserved for any emergency after the quarantine.

They have showed sufficient ties (business and property) to demonstrate that they would not overstay. Furthermore, they planned to visit their other children, both living outside of their country of origin.

The quarantine plan was extremely detailed. As mentioned above, they do not have anything to pay while they would be in Canada. In my opinion, the fact that IRCC says that there were no financial proof on either side to support a three-month stay for the applicant shows that they have not considered all supporting documentation provided
It clearly says on the website that parents of the PR or Canadian citizens, your in laws don't qualify to come yet if your spouse is not a PR or a citizen

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
It clearly says on the website that parents of the PR or Canadian citizens, your in laws don't qualify to come yet if your spouse is not a PR or a citizen
It clearly says on the website that parents of the spouse are exempt. You can go and read it for yourself instead of giving inaccurate information. They qualify to enter the country, which has been confirmed several times by the CBSA.