+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from Saudi Arabia

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applied Canada visit visa on 27 August from Saudi arabia. Already 2 refusals in 2023.

Background still in progress
Eligibility still not started
So you have applied 3 times in 2023. Assume you got GCMS notes for the two refusals so you can address reasons. All you can do is wait.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Walaikumsalaam
You are right CAN+ is a program that offers expedited processing for applicants of a Canadian temporary resident visitor visa. This expedited processing is available to those who have previously travelled to Canada in the last 10 years or who hold a valid US visa at the time of their Canadian visa application.

I heard not sure ppl who are applying from India can see the can+ option while applying & if you are applying from KSA the option will not be shown however the process will go in fast track in my case I am iqama holder I am having valid b1b2 visa visited once to u.s. I applied canada visitor visa from KSA it took me 19 days to get my PPR (passport request)
very weird! I have Saudi Residence permit and a US B1/B2 valid visa too. I applied and it took me 87 days to get my PPR. Even through when I applied the official processing time was 27 days.
In my personal experience, I do not see any difference in CAN+ vs regular application, neither in processing time nor in outcome.

RMALF

Jan 12, 2024
Hello Everyone.

Applied on January 10 through IRCC Portal.
Biometric given on January 11.

Application: In progress
Application details

Application type: Visitor Visa (Temporary resident visa)
Application number: Vxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date received: Jan 10, 2024
Destination: Unspecified

Biometrics: In progress
As part of the process we may ask you to send us your fingerprints and photo. Read more about biometrics collection.

Medical exam: Not started
Not all applications require a medical exam. If you need a medical exam, IRCC will notify you what to do next. Medical exams for visitors, students and workers - Canada.ca.

Eligibility: Not started
What does Eligibility mean?
We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class.

Background verification: In progress
What does Background verification mean?
We're checking your background to make sure you are admissible to Canada.

I'm a Saudi Citizen with a valid 10 years US Nonimmigrant Visa (travelled twice to the US in the past 4 months)

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Hello Everyone.

Applied on January 10 through IRCC Portal.
Biometric given on January 11.

Application: In progress
Application details

Application type: Visitor Visa (Temporary resident visa)
Application number: Vxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date received: Jan 10, 2024
Destination: Unspecified

Biometrics: In progress
As part of the process we may ask you to send us your fingerprints and photo. Read more about biometrics collection.

Medical exam: Not started
Not all applications require a medical exam. If you need a medical exam, IRCC will notify you what to do next. Medical exams for visitors, students and workers - Canada.ca.

Eligibility: Not started
What does Eligibility mean?
We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class.

Background verification: In progress
What does Background verification mean?
We're checking your background to make sure you are admissible to Canada.

I'm a Saudi Citizen with a valid 10 years US Nonimmigrant Visa (travelled twice to the US in the past 4 months)
You have to wait sir, the visa processing time for Saudi Arabia is 119 days. It can take from 1 day till 119 days. Having a US visa/travel history is irrelevant.

BaroudAM

Jul 25, 2023
very weird! I have Saudi Residence permit and a US B1/B2 valid visa too. I applied and it took me 87 days to get my PPR. Even through when I applied the official processing time was 27 days.
In my personal experience, I do not see any difference in CAN+ vs regular application, neither in processing time nor in outcome.
Dear al bloshi
What is your email ?
Can you send it to me ?

Uniqueusername

Nov 26, 2019
Pakistani residing in KSA
Spousal trv applied through ircc portal.
Spousal sponsorship (13 months in process)
Trv refusal Oct 2022, typical not convinced visitor would return although every possible proof was provided.
Reapplied Spousal trv with sponsorship in progress, January 17 2024
Still waiting no update. Submitted webform and requested update on the email that is given upon phone call to Riyadh VO

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Pakistani residing in KSA
Spousal trv applied through ircc portal.
Spousal sponsorship (13 months in process)
Trv refusal Oct 2022, typical not convinced visitor would return although every possible proof was provided.
Reapplied Spousal trv with sponsorship in progress, January 17 2024
Still waiting no update. Submitted webform and requested update on the email that is given upon phone call to Riyadh VO
very difficult situation. TRV is for temporary purposes, the VO will not be convienced that its a temporary purpose because of already submitted spousal sponsership application. Try to make it clear and mention in your application that it is Dual intent TRV and the spousal sponsership app is already submitted. Otherwise I am afraid it will be refusal again.

Uniqueusername

Nov 26, 2019
very difficult situation. TRV is for temporary purposes, the VO will not be convienced that its a temporary purpose because of already submitted spousal sponsership application. Try to make it clear and mention in your application that it is Dual intent TRV and the spousal sponsership app is already submitted. Otherwise I am afraid it will be refusal again.
Yes, I was very clear in my letter that we are aware this application is of dual intent. Mentioned the emotional strain the last refusal had on us (I was due to give birth) Also did my best to convince officer that we will abide by the terms of visa as this is only to meet each other during this long undetermined period and not to miss out on our baby's development. Besides that we did our best to show very strong ties back home as well as in the country he resides ( work ) we wouldn't have applied for sponsorship if we wanted to overstay his visa. Anyways if they refuse this time, not sure what I'll do because I did give it my very best.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Yes, I was very clear in my letter that we are aware this application is of dual intent. Mentioned the emotional strain the last refusal had on us (I was due to give birth) Also did my best to convince officer that we will abide by the terms of visa as this is only to meet each other during this long undetermined period and not to miss out on our baby's development. Besides that we did our best to show very strong ties back home as well as in the country he resides ( work ) we wouldn't have applied for sponsorship if we wanted to overstay his visa. Anyways if they refuse this time, not sure what I'll do because I did give it my very best.
Unfortunately, IRCC Riyadh office is one of the strictest in the world (I believe so). Its really very hard to convince them for a TRV when you are expat in Saudi. Lets hope you get a grant this time, but to be honest the chances are slim.

Reactions: Uniqueusername