+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from Outside Canada

sunil0910

Aug 27, 2013
Good day,

I live and work in Calgary and I am a Canadian citizen now. My parents applied for a super visa at the Abu Dhabi Embassy, as my dad was employed in the UAE, in June 2021. We have not received any response or updates yet. It has been more than 18 months, is this timeline common to get a decision ?

Also considering changing the application from a super visa to a visitor visa! (They have had a visitor visa before, expired with passport expiry) Would that make the processing quicker by any chance ?

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day,

I live and work in Calgary and I am a Canadian citizen now. My parents applied for a super visa at the Abu Dhabi Embassy, as my dad was employed in the UAE, in June 2021. We have not received any response or updates yet. It has been more than 18 months, is this timeline common to get a decision ?

Also considering changing the application from a super visa to a visitor visa! (They have had a visitor visa before, expired with passport expiry) Would that make the processing quicker by any chance ?

Thank you
Your parents should have reapplied a long time ago. In September 2021 when Covid rules changed, IRCC asked all to resubmit an application. They can reapply for a supervisa but will need to do medicals and purchase a year of medical insurance. If they want to apply for TRV, then go ahead. You can check processing times on the IRCC website by country.