+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from inside Canada

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Hi, anyone recently applied for TRV from inside Canada? My timeline:
Status in Canada: PGWP
14-04-2023: Application submitted
19-04-2023: the last date on which tracker was "updated" (but nothing was updated)
No progress since.
Anyone else? Pls share your timelines.

pinkfloyd2288

Jan 20, 2023
Hi, anyone recently applied for TRV from inside Canada? My timeline:
Status in Canada: PGWP
14-04-2023: Application submitted
19-04-2023: the last date on which tracker was "updated" (but nothing was updated)
No progress since.
Anyone else? Pls share your timelines.
Yes, I applied for TRV from inside Canada recently (after my work permit approval). Mine was approved in about 10 days.

Reactions: SKant

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Yes, I applied for TRV from inside Canada recently (after my work permit approval). Mine was approved in about 10 days.
thank you for the reply.
5 weeks right now for me. my file hasnt even been opened yet as per the tracker. i dont think ircc even knows i exist.

pinkfloyd2288

Jan 20, 2023
thank you for the reply.
5 weeks right now for me. my file hasnt even been opened yet as per the tracker. i dont think ircc even knows i exist.
That's unfortunate but also seems unlikely. TRV (Visitor Visa) from inside Canada cannot normally take that long. Just a suggestion: Please check in case you applied for Visitor record by mistake. The same thing happened with me last time, and I understood after 2 months and had to re-apply. I realized this mistake happens with many people. Plz cross check that you submitted form IMM5257e under "Visitor Visa".

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
That's unfortunate but also seems unlikely. TRV (Visitor Visa) from inside Canada cannot normally take that long. Just a suggestion: Please check in case you applied for Visitor record by mistake. The same thing happened with me last time, and I understood after 2 months and had to re-apply. I realized this mistake happens with many people. Plz cross check that you submitted form IMM5257e under "Visitor Visa".
I just checked my IMM5257 ... it says "visitor visa"
I also checked my submitted documents and file and everywhere it says visitor visa. nothing says visitor record.

• Sad
Reactions: pinkfloyd2288

pinkfloyd2288

Jan 20, 2023
I just checked my IMM5257 ... it says "visitor visa"
I also checked my submitted documents and file and everywhere it says visitor visa. nothing says visitor record.
Not sure why then, maybe you can try calling up IRCC since this is far beyond the usual processing time for a visitor visa from inside Canada. Hope you get it soon, take care!

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Not sure why then, maybe you can try calling up IRCC since this is far beyond the usual processing time for a visitor visa from inside Canada. Hope you get it soon, take care!
those lines suck, waited for 4.5h and the agent told me they dont know anything -"raise a webform" -already did that :(

Arramezani

Star Member
May 23, 2022
I just want to know if I can apply for a new visit visa inside the Canada. I am in canada now with visit visa and it will be expired in one month. I have my new passport as well.