+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from inside Canada while on new Work Permit

MGinfo

Feb 19, 2015
Hi was a student last year and my visa expired this 1st of february but I got a job and a work permit on January, right now I'm trying to apply to a new TRV for the duration of my work permit from inside Canada but I have only found the option to do it by regular mail which will be longer and will leave me without my original ID documents (passport and work permit) for much longer than if I could apply online.

When I go to the apply online option and fill all the questions with the country I'm currently at (Canada) the form to fill that it gives me in the end is the IMM5257E that says that I'm applying from outside Canada.

Does anyone by any chance know a way to apply online to a new TRV from inside Canada while having an expired TRV and a new Work Permit?

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MGinfo said:
Hi was a student last year and my visa expired this 1st of february but I got a job and a work permit on January, right now I'm trying to apply to a new TRV for the duration of my work permit from inside Canada but I have only found the option to do it by regular mail which will be longer and will leave me without my original ID documents (passport and work permit) for much longer than if I could apply online.

When I go to the apply online option and fill all the questions with the country I'm currently at (Canada) the form to fill that it gives me in the end is the IMM5257E that says that I'm applying from outside Canada.

Does anyone by any chance know a way to apply online to a new TRV from inside Canada while having an expired TRV and a new Work Permit?

Thanks in advance.
It would appear that you are using the wrong package. Use this one: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

MGinfo

Feb 19, 2015
Hi PMM, thanks for your answer, thats the page I'm using and when I fill the questions on the "see if you are elegible to apply online" and write that I'm currently in Canada and have a work permit with an specific employer, the document check list I get in the end and the form I have to fill says (Outside Canada), I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance, any tips would be appreciated.

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
MGinfo said:
Hi PMM, thanks for your answer, thats the page I'm using and when I fill the questions on the "see if you are elegible to apply online" and write that I'm currently in Canada and have a work permit with an specific employer, the document check list I get in the end and the form I have to fill says (Outside Canada), I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance, any tips would be appreciated.
That Confused me too when I was trying to apply for TRV inside Canada.. Tried many times and compare forms, Inside Canada application forms and requirements are different from applying from "outside Canada" and I checked everything but I was keept returning to the same page.. I phoned CIC and ask Service Canada in my area and YES we should apply by PAPER/MAIL.. I may suggest you to pay online for fees and print and attach the reciept because if you will pay fees in Canada Banks you have to request for Draft coming from CIC that should bring to bank and stamp it, This will take another week or so to wait for them to mail you that "bank form"

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
I fyou click that given link above by our fellow, you can see "•Document Checklist – Applicants in Canada [IMM 5721] (PDF, 579.07 KB)" and the address to send inside Canada and read instructions carefully.. send by Mail with your original passport.

jeffkang

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MGinfo said:
Thank you very much for your answers! I will do it that way.
can you share your timeline please?