+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
did you speak to the IRCC rep?
Didn't speak to anyone but have raised multiple webforms and got back the standard response of Covid delays etc. I'm waiting for my second BOWP to be approved to raise a crisis webform - need to travel as soon as possible due to family emergency.

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Waiting since March 26th. Why are people applying a couple months ago already getting their TRVs, and the January-April applicants not being processed?

Pratik65

Jun 14, 2018
Didn't speak to anyone but have raised multiple webforms and got back the standard response of Covid delays etc. I'm waiting for my second BOWP to be approved to raise a crisis webform - need to travel as soon as possible due to family emergency.
i want to raise that too but what proof are you going to attach?

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I applied on September 5th and my eligibility review started like a week or week and half ago, fingers crossed that is a good sign and i soon get my ppr then
Did you apply for your TRV inside Canada? My brother applied for his TRV within Canada a couple days ago. I'm just checking TRV timelines given COVID. The website says ~6 months and that just seems insane. :eek: Side note: he doesn't have a PR application in the system at the moment.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
yes, my counterfoil was on 24 septmber 2021, didt get passport tracking back yet.
Sometimes they forget to activate the tracker. The best way to check the status of your passport is to submit a webform inquiring about the status of your passport. I swear, sometimes they just have your passport sitting at their desk, just waiting for it to be sent off.

I was in a situation in 2019 (pre-COVID) where I harassed them everyday because they were so slow, and I had imminent travel.

erinalb

Dec 10, 2019
Did you apply for your TRV inside Canada? My brother applied for his TRV within Canada a couple days ago. I'm just checking TRV timelines given COVID. The website says ~6 months and that just seems insane. :eek: Side note: he doesn't have a PR application in the system at the moment.
Ya, I applied from Canada... Since eligiblity review started there have been no updates to my application so I am really hoping that it is something that is actually being processed and i can get my ppr request soon, but seeing the wait times I am not sure if eligibility review is something that should get my hopes up. I also don't have a PR application in the system currently. I actually had to wait 100 days for my PGWP when everyone who applied after me started getting theirs and so I applied the same day i got my PGWP so I am still crossing my fingers that next week they send me the PPR and I don't have to worry about this process for 3 years.

Reactions: dillym

Sk hunter

Sep 30, 2021
I applied for my TRV on the 6th of Jan 2021 and have raised tons of webforms and called the contact centre several times to no avail. Please can someone advise on what is going on with the visa centres in Canada ? I am in a limbo and have an urgent need to travel to my home country.
Thank you