+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Pjjack

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hey guys, has anyone submitted the new travel exemption webform for priority processing in the last few days and received a response? Let me know
Thanks.

anikethd02

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hello Friends,
Happy to inform you that finally I got PPR. However, I haven't received my wife's visa approval yet.

Next, I need to go for visa stamping once passport submission services resume in INDIA which is currently suspended due to lockdown.

Documents submitted: Employment letter, Payslips, Tax Return, Marriage Certificate, Work permit, Rent Receipts.

Timelines:
  1. Application Submission (inside Canada): 16 Jan 2021
  2. Traveled to INDIA: 27 Mar 2021
  3. Informed IRCC to prioritize via Webform, Email & new process (sent multiple requests)
  4. PPR: 28 Apr 2021
Also used the new process to expedite https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

Along with PPR, I also got a Travel Exemption letter (which will help at the Airport while boarding). The letter states that "Please be advised that temporary foreign workers are exempt from travel restrictions and do not require written authorization from the Government of Canada to travel to Canada by air or land if they’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose. Each province may have additional restrictions, please check the(ir) website before travelling".

I am very grateful to each one of you who helped me to prioritize my application. Hope you hear good news soon. Good luck.

Last edited:

Pjjack

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
My timeline:
Applied inside Canada - Feb 8th
Travelled to India without ppr
Sent email on April 9th and new webform on April 16th to prioritize application
Ppr request - April 29th

I would highly recommend everyone to submit the new travel exemption webform with proof that you are exempt from travel if you’re not in Canada and need your application prioritized.

Thank you!

Reactions: anikethd02

kadianravi

Dec 16, 2020
Could you please share the source of the application backlog information. I couldn't find anything that mentions about backlog till September 2021.
Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks
hi Adnan,

Thank you so much, I followed the steps mentioned in your above post and IRCC requested for my passport today.

Thanks a TON buddy. it might be useful for others as well.

Cheers,
Ravi

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
hi Adnan,

Thank you so much, I followed the steps mentioned in your above post and IRCC requested for my passport today.

Thanks a TON buddy. it might be useful for others as well.

Cheers,
Ravi
Hello Ravi,
i have also requested the same a week ago but they didnt reply anything.

in how many days did they reply to you?

Are you in India at present? If yes, as per info on forum, delhi embassy is closed for processing TRV due to lockdown. is it true? where are you going to submit passport?

Thank you.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hello Friends,
Happy to inform you that finally I got PPR. However, I haven't received my wife's visa approval yet.

Next, I need to go for visa stamping once passport submission services resume in INDIA which is currently suspended due to lockdown.

Documents submitted: Employment letter, Payslips, Tax Return, Marriage Certificate, Work permit, Rent Receipts.

Timelines:
  1. Application Submission (inside Canada): 16 Jan 2021
  2. Traveled to INDIA: 27 Mar 2021
  3. Informed IRCC to prioritize via Webform, Email & new process (sent multiple requests)
  4. PPR: 28 Apr 2021
Also used the new process to expedite https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

Along with PPR, I also got a Travel Exemption letter (which will help at the Airport while boarding). The letter states that "Please be advised that temporary foreign workers are exempt from travel restrictions and do not require written authorization from the Government of Canada to travel to Canada by air or land if they’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose. Each province may have additional restrictions, please check the(ir) website before travelling".

I am very grateful to each one of you who helped me to prioritize my application. Hope you hear good news soon. Good luck.
did they mention when to submit passport? Generally, they give 30 days to submit passport. Can you please guide? thank you

mp18

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
My timeline:
Applied inside Canada - Feb 8th
Travelled to India without ppr
Sent email on April 9th and new webform on April 16th to prioritize application
Ppr request - April 29th

I would highly recommend everyone to submit the new travel exemption webform with proof that you are exempt from travel if you’re not in Canada and need your application prioritized.

Thank you!
Can you please tell us which documents you submitted.?

kadianravi

Dec 16, 2020
Hello Ravi,
i have also requested the same a week ago but they didnt reply anything.

in how many days did they reply to you?

Are you in India at present? If yes, as per info on forum, delhi embassy is closed for processing TRV due to lockdown. is it true? where are you going to submit passport?

Thank you.
Hi RS,
I also did not get any reply just PPR today after 910 days and I am still in Canada, so will be submitting in Canada and travel to India once I receive it back.

thanks
Ravi

Pjjack

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Can you please tell us which documents you submitted.?
I just explained that I need to return to work and attached a copy of a job letter and proof of address. You can also attach paystubs and rent slips if you have any.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hi RS,
I also did not get any reply just PPR today after 910 days and I am still in Canada, so will be submitting in Canada and travel to India once I receive it back.

thanks
Ravi
When did you send webform to speed up process? Thank you.