+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
FINALLY GOT MY TRV!

Here is the timeline:
Applied to TRV based on study permit extension on 19th Sept 2020 from INSIDE Canada.
Got the submission confirmation on 21st Sept 2020

After waiting for more than two months, I had to travel back to my home country. Informed IRCC through webform for the reason of leaving and attachment of the return ticket.

Correspondence letter and application approval on 27 January 2021.

Had to return in first week of Feb 2021, but no response on PPR. Left two webforms explaining the urgency to travel back.

Finally got my PPR on 25th February 2021.
Submitted passport at a local VFS in Pakistan on 28 Feb 2021.

Receiving my passport on 5th March 2021.

ONE LONG PROCESS.
Did Ottawa gave you any response that you can submit your passport at local VFS for stamping?

hamzamunir96

Nov 19, 2020
Not directly.
The only reply I got on the webform was that they have verified my information and passed it to the relevant department.

Right after that I got the PPR for submitting the passport at any global VFS.

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Not directly.
The only reply I got on the webform was that they have verified my information and passed it to the relevant department.

Right after that I got the PPR for submitting the passport at any global VFS.
Because I am thinking when I get the PPR I'll travel to Pakistan as I dont wanna submit my passport here for stamping because there is no guarantee I'll get it back on time.

Nkrana

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Hi everyone, I have a question for the people who have got the PPR,Does the PPR mentions any specific office name on it where one should submit the Passport? As I am planning to travel to India now as my 3 YO is not well. I have applied for TRV on December 25, 2020. Eligibility started on 15th February, 2021. But no PPR yet.
Thanks in advance!!

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Hi everyone, I have a question for the people who have got the PPR,Does the PPR mentions any specific office name on it where one should submit the Passport? As I am planning to travel to India now as my 3 YO is not well. I have applied for TRV on December 25, 2020. Eligibility started on 15th February, 2021. But no PPR yet.
Thanks in advance!!
PPR doesn’t mention any specific office on it. It can be used to submit your passport in any country.

Reactions: Nkrana

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Does anyone know if you have to remain in Canada until you receive passport request? Or Can I travel back to Pakistan and receive my passport request there?

mrs.majid

Dec 5, 2015
Does anyone know if you have to remain in Canada until you receive passport request? Or Can I travel back to Pakistan and receive my passport request there?
In my case i was in Pakistan when I received passport request and then i just went to vac office for submitting my passport for stamping.

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
In my case i was in Pakistan when I received passport request and then i just went to vac office for submitting my passport for stamping.
Thanks a lot for your replies. So basically I can receive passport request anywhere. They cant refuse the application just because I travelled right? I hold a Valid PGWP.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
PPR doesn’t mention any specific office on it. It can be used to submit your passport in any country.
technically, you must submit passport in Canada as mentioned on cic website. To be safe, it is better to inform them in advance.

Reactions: Nkrana

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
technically, you must submit passport in Canada as mentioned on cic website. To be safe, it is better to inform them in advance.
I have sent multiple webforms but didn't get any response. I know we can submit passport at VAC in the home country. I am just worried about the PPR that's it. Because the moment I exit Canada, IRCC will know.

Reactions: Rmoh0490