TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

gvskart

Dec 20, 2021
Passport sent: 16 Jan
Delivered: 18 Jan
Counterfoil: 2 Feb
Tracker activated: 6 Feb
Delivered: 8 Feb
Question: Though I've applied for worker visa (w-1), they've stamped a visitor visa (v-1) with a 10yr validity... is this normal?

Reactions: maxiie

gvskart

Dec 20, 2021
Passport sent: 16 Jan
Delivered: 18 Jan
Counterfoil: 2 Feb
Tracker activated: 6 Feb
Delivered: 8 Feb
Question: Though I've applied for worker visa (w-1), they've stamped a visitor visa (v-1) with a 10yr validity... is this normal?
I think I got an answer:
Foreign students and workers who got a temporary resident (visitor) visa in Canada
If there is a V-1 code on your visitor visa

This is not an error. Due to COVID-19, we have temporary measures in place to process visitor visa applications submitted from inside Canada.

• Foreign students and workers who applied for a visitor visa in Canada since July 2021 may get a V-1 visitor visa.
  • You can use your V-1 visa to leave and re-enter Canada – the same way you would use your S-1 or W-1 visa.
  • You don’t need to request a different type of visa or follow up with the processing office or client support centre. A new visa will not be issued in this case.
Validity period is different on the V-1 visa

• The V-1 visa is valid until the expiration date of your passport.
    • This is part of the temporary measures in place that will be in effect until further notice.
    • If your V-1 visa expires, you can apply for a new visitor visa.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=208&top=17

Arpitjr

Feb 7, 2023
I forgot to take picture of the tracking number on envelopes that i put inside for passport return. Is there any way to get tracking number from them? Or do they update it anywhere on portal?

sami1984

Jun 8, 2019
I submitted my inland TRV application on Dec 22, no response yet.
I have PGWP. Does anybody have the same experience?

sami1984

Jun 8, 2019
Anyone who applied around Dec 21st/22nd or around that date, any progress? I am still stuck on review mode. I am not sure what my visa officer been doing. It has clearly passed the average time as shown under processing time link
I have the same situation, I Applied on Dec 22, no response yet, I have sent 8 web forms, and 5-time phone calls, and my MP reach out.
it is still on-hold.

Aram-88

Dec 22, 2018
I have the same situation, I Applied on Dec 22, no response yet, I have sent 8 web forms, and 5-time phone calls, and my MP reach out.
it is still on-hold.
same here I wish I knew what is their procedures to process what are the basis for finishing application!!???

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I submitted my inland TRV application on Dec 22, no response yet.
I have PGWP. Does anybody have the same experience?
I had the same experience until today. Actually my application was approved on 27th itself but I think my VO didn't hit send PPR button so I didn't get PPR until today. I had sent 3 webforms in the middle, probably that got his attention to send me the PPR letter. Send webform

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
it is still on-hold.
oh ok I replied before reading this. Then probably you would get it within a few days time as your MP has already reached out to them.

tiffytaff78

Dec 23, 2022
They got my passport on the 24th of Jan and my counterfoil isn’t printed yet. I’m really sad because I have a wedding to go to next Saturday on the 18th and I’m booked for midnight on the 15th.

Sam123Smr

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
They got my passport on the 24th of Jan and my counterfoil isn’t printed yet. I’m really sad because I have a wedding to go to next Saturday on the 18th and I’m booked for midnight on the 15th.
They got mine and my dependent passport on 18th Jan but the counterfoil was generated on 1st Feb. so it’s actually around 2 weeks and then 1 more week before they dispatch and you receive your passport.

tiffytaff78

Dec 23, 2022
They got mine and my dependent passport on 18th Jan but the counterfoil was generated on 1st Feb. so it’s actually around 2 weeks and then 1 more week before they dispatch and you receive your passport.
Thanks. I’m trying to stay hopeful but it is what it is.

nad_16

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
Passport request:- Jan 20
Passport submitted:- Jan 21
Counterfoil generated:- Feb 06

Does anyone know in how many days return tracking activated?