TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Yes I applied on Dec 25 and still no update. I don't know what would be the timeline. in the same thread their is a comment, someone who applied on Dec 24th got PPR on Jan 7th.
Yeah I read that too & I applied 2 days earlier than him/her and still didn’t even have my eligibility review started

msam18

Jan 16, 2023
My passport was stamped on January 16. After spending numerous hours with the visa centre and waiting for my tracking to be updated, I spoke to the visa centre and they confirmed that they handed over my passport to UPS today at 9 am but it’s 9 pm now and UPS keeps saying they haven’t received my passport yet. I have a flight tomorrow and I paid for expedited shipping so I should be able to see tracking information. UPS customer service is more useless than air Canada customer service. Does it mean my passport is lost? Should I start panicking?
Update: day two. Can confirm that neither IRCC nor UPS has my passport. IRCC says we handed it over so it’s out of our jurisdiction and UPS says they never received it so cannot file my claim. On top of that I’m looking at last minute flight cancellations with hefty cancellation charges.

• Wow
Reactions: maxiie

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Update: day two. Can confirm that neither IRCC nor UPS has my passport. IRCC says we handed it over so it’s out of our jurisdiction and UPS says they never received it so cannot file my claim. On top of that I’m looking at last minute flight cancellations with hefty cancellation charges.
feeling very sad for you, misplace/loss of passport is a serious issue. these incompetent assholes

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
did you properly send a return envelope with proper address? Do you live in a house, ask other roommates or neighbors if they mistakenly placed in other mailbox or someone else took it. Also did you put a return envelop with your mailing address for them to ship back your passport?

VandySolo

Jan 18, 2023
Hey guys, has there been any update regarding TRV stamp ?, my passport was delivered on Jan-10, when should I hope for a counterfoil to be generated. I need some advice. I have a flight to catch on Feb-03.

Yagnavel

Nov 18, 2022
  • Canada
    If you applied for a new temporary resident visa, or a study or temporary work permit, from within Canada you:
    • must mail us your passport
    • can’t submit your passport in person
  • Read the details in your passport request letter and follow the instructions below.
    You should wait until you have your passport back before booking travel outside Canada.
    Mailing instructions
    How long it takes to get your passport back

You’ll get your passport back within 14 calendar days plus mailing time. Mailing time depends on the type of mailing service you use.
    If you’ve submitted your passport and urgently need it back sooner
    Check the tracking number to see where your passport is.
    • Send us your passport by mail (Canada Post) or courier. Choose and pay for a mailing service:
      • If you’re not using a courier service, we recommend you use Canada Post’s Xpresspost or Priority Post services so you can track your envelopes.
      • The mailing service you choose will determine how fast it will take for your passport to be returned to you.
    • Purchase 2 prepaid envelopes:
      • If you live in Ontario or Quebec, purchase regional envelopes.
      • If you live in another province or territory, purchase national envelopes.
    • Envelope sizes:
      • To send us your passport:
        • 1 letter-size envelope (318 x 241 mm)
      • For us to mail you back your passport:
        • 1 standard-size envelope (260 x 159 mm)
    • Write down the tracking numbers for both envelopes. To track your envelopes with Canada Postor with your courier service:
      • Use the tracking number for the letter-size envelope to find out when we receive your passport at our office.
      • Use the tracking number for the return envelope (standard-size), to find out when we mail it back to you.
    • Prepare your package:
      • Write your full mailing address on the return envelope (standard-size) in the “Deliver to” field.
      • In the letter-size envelope, put:
        • your passport
        • a copy of your passport request letter showing your unique client identifier (UCI) and application numbers
        • the return envelope with your address on it
    Choose the correct mailing address:
    Canada Post address
    Temporary Resident Visa Section
    CPC-Ottawa (e-Application)
    PO Box 9640
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1G 6T2
    Courier address
    365 Laurier Avenue West
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 1L1

VandySolo

Jan 18, 2023
I was using canada post, so I used the below address after my PPR request.

Canada Post address
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, Ontario
K1G 6T2

Reactions: Yagnavel