+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

VandySolo

Jan 18, 2023
Hey guys, I have read most of the comment and Issue of people regarding the TRV, my TRV reached the SCI on Jan-10 but no update since ?
The normally processing time for TRV stamp is 14 days right ?

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey guys, I have read most of the comment and Issue of people regarding the TRV, my TRV reached the SCI on Jan-10 but no update since ?
The normally processing time for TRV stamp is 14 days right ?
Yes it is. Mine was delivered on Dec 29 and stamped on January 13

starboy707

Jan 5, 2023
I dont know how realistic or true this is but someone told me if you are travelling for long enough to your home country it is possible to get the visa stamped from there instead of waiting here before your flight. Could anybody attest to this or advise in this regard? Ill be gone for at least a month and it is becoming increasingly difficult to delay my flight due to a family emergency but i also dont wanna be stuck for a year there. My application has been under review since 6th of Jan

reposting this

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
I dont know how realistic or true this is but someone told me if you are travelling for long enough to your home country it is possible to get the visa stamped from there instead of waiting here before your flight. Could anybody attest to this or advise in this regard? Ill be gone for at least a month and it is becoming increasingly difficult to delay my flight due to a family emergency but i also dont wanna be stuck for a year there. My application has been under review since 6th of Jan

reposting this
It is possible but you need to get in contact with the VAC in your country to get their approval and timeline. I was thinking the same thing when I wanted to travel back in December. I got in touch with my VAC and they said I could get the stamp on 1 week after approval for my visa in Canada.

HuskyDawg69

Jan 18, 2023
Hey Everyone, long time lurker here lol. I've finally decided to make an account and thought I might share my timeline with you all hopefully its useful.

Application submitted (TRV from inside Canada online): December 1, 2022
Eligibility review started: a week or two after can't really remember sorry
Passport Request: December 30
Passport sent: December 30
Passport received by IRCC: January 4, 2023
Counterfoil generated: January 18, 2023

Waiting for tracker to be activated, I am hoping to book a flight for this Sunday but I am not really sure if I'll get my passport back before then so that plan is on hold for now.

Also quick question, the trv that was stamped on my passport today is only valid till the expiry of my work permit (PGWP - expires March 31, 2024). I read somewhere that people were getting TRV's valid for years after the expiry of whatever permit they have. Is my situation normal, should I be concerned?

Chris1808

Jan 10, 2023
Hey Everyone, long time lurker here lol. I've finally decided to make an account and thought I might share my timeline with you all hopefully its useful.

Waiting for tracker to be activated, I am hoping to book a flight for this Sunday but I am not really sure if I'll get my passport back before then so that plan is on hold for now.

Also quick question, the trv that was stamped on my passport today is only valid till the expiry of my work permit (PGWP - expires March 31, 2024). I read somewhere that people were getting TRV's valid for years after the expiry of whatever permit they have. Is my situation normal, should I be concerned?
Mine got stamped on the 12th and I still haven’t received the tracking

Basil7rf

Dec 23, 2022
It is possible but you need to get in contact with the VAC in your country to get their approval and timeline. I was thinking the same thing when I wanted to travel back in December. I got in touch with my VAC and they said I could get the stamp on 1 week after approval for my visa in Canada.
Could you please assist me further? If it’s okay, maybe personal message on here

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes

I think it's at their discretion. There is no need to panic regarding that

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
My passport has finally been delivered. Find my timeline below:
TRV Application- November 25th
Eligibility review- December 7th
PPR and Passport sent- December 23rd
Passport Delivered- December 29th

Counterfoil generated- January 13th
Tracker activated- January 17th
Passport Delivered to me- January 18th

I hope this my timeline is helpful for everybody still waiting

Nov 17, 2019
My passport has finally been delivered. Find my timeline below:
TRV Application- November 25th
Eligibility review- December 7th
PPR and Passport sent- December 23rd
Passport Delivered- December 29th

Counterfoil generated- January 13th
Tracker activated- January 17th
Passport Delivered to me- January 18th

I hope this my timeline is helpful for everybody still waiting
Where are you from my tracking was also activated on 17 and did not received it yet from Edmonton

Reactions: Walecott

VandySolo

Jan 18, 2023
Where are you from my tracking was also activated on 17 and did not received it yet from Edmonton
Please share me your timeline for the TRV stamp.
For me, I have a flight on Feb-03 and my passport got received in Jan-10 8:00 am. Since then there has not been any update. I don't know what if I can make the flight. I mailed in from Saskatoon.

Thanks.