+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

ematos1285

Feb 19, 2021
anyone received passport from your ottawa recently? How long is taking?
Hi, You and me were on a similar situation so I just want to share my experience and hope it helps. I Received my passport back yesterday finally! I applied for the TRV on June 9th, got passport request on June 28th. Sent passport via UPS and delivered on June 29th. Me and my wife applied on our individual accounts (we did not apply together) so the timeline above were the same for both. Even though we applied on separate accounts we sent our passports together in the same envelope! My wife's account was updated on July 14th, (Application Approved, Counterfoil number, etc..) but mine was not. I found it strange that her account was updated and mine wasn't when we sent our passports together so the person that worked on hers should off worked on mine as well! I called on July 15th and the IRCC representative told me that my visa was printed on the same day (even gave me a document number for my records) but my account still did not update.. That did not make me feel at ease as I read about cases like yours that were told the same thing but are still waiting even after a month has passed. I called again Monday July 18th and practically begged the IRCC representative that took my call that day to help me as I have a family emergency and need to travel on July 28th. That representative told me My Visa was on queue to be printed So it should be approved any day. I told him that was strange since the person I talked to the week before told me My visa was already printed. I even told him that I had a Document number, (I was lucky that other representative gave it to me). He took the number and put me on hold so he can further investigate what had happened. When he came back he told me that my Visa was indeed printed but it was cancelled as my name was misspelled so they were going to reprint it. Therefor it was in the queue again. He told me that it shouldn't take long for it to be reprinted. I did not believe that very much as I assumed it was just put in the queue again and who knows how long it would take for it to be reprinted. I kept telling him about the emergency I had and he told me there is an Urgent Passport retrieval I could request but I needed to send proof of my emergency. He sent me an email and noted my file because other wise they wont even look at your request. I sent the request and the email was answered in a matter of minutes and my account was updated in less than an hour. The UPS tracking number was updated that evening and my passport was delivered yesterday. I tell you all of this because i do not think it had anything to do with me sending my passport through UPS. I believe if you have been waiting for more than a month something happened to your application and it has been stuck since then! Hopefully this helps in any way and crossing fingers you and all that are waiting get you passports back very soon!

orrel71

Star Member
Jul 11, 2022
Hi, You and me were on a similar situation so I just want to share my experience and hope it helps. I Received my passport back yesterday finally! I applied for the TRV on June 9th, got passport request on June 28th. Sent passport via UPS and delivered on June 29th. Me and my wife applied on our individual accounts (we did not apply together) so the timeline above were the same for both. Even though we applied on separate accounts we sent our passports together in the same envelope! My wife's account was updated on July 14th, (Application Approved, Counterfoil number, etc..) but mine was not. I found it strange that her account was updated and mine wasn't when we sent our passports together so the person that worked on hers should off worked on mine as well! I called on July 15th and the IRCC representative told me that my visa was printed on the same day (even gave me a document number for my records) but my account still did not update.. That did not make me feel at ease as I read about cases like yours that were told the same thing but are still waiting even after a month has passed. I called again Monday July 18th and practically begged the IRCC representative that took my call that day to help me as I have a family emergency and need to travel on July 28th. That representative told me My Visa was on queue to be printed So it should be approved any day. I told him that was strange since the person I talked to the week before told me My visa was already printed. I even told him that I had a Document number, (I was lucky that other representative gave it to me). He took the number and put me on hold so he can further investigate what had happened. When he came back he told me that my Visa was indeed printed but it was cancelled as my name was misspelled so they were going to reprint it. Therefor it was in the queue again. He told me that it shouldn't take long for it to be reprinted. I did not believe that very much as I assumed it was just put in the queue again and who knows how long it would take for it to be reprinted. I kept telling him about the emergency I had and he told me there is an Urgent Passport retrieval I could request but I needed to send proof of my emergency. He sent me an email and noted my file because other wise they wont even look at your request. I sent the request and the email was answered in a matter of minutes and my account was updated in less than an hour. The UPS tracking number was updated that evening and my passport was delivered yesterday. I tell you all of this because i do not think it had anything to do with me sending my passport through UPS. I believe if you have been waiting for more than a month something happened to your application and it has been stuck since then! Hopefully this helps in any way and crossing fingers you and all that are waiting get you passports back very soon!
Thank you so much for explaining, what was your emergency?

orrel71

Star Member
Jul 11, 2022
What kind of proof did you sent I’m also on same situation, I have also family emergency

ematos1285

Feb 19, 2021
Serious illness of a family member. Proof sent was a doctor’s note, Medical records and copy of plane ticket.
This might help depending on your emergency. They clearly tell you that "Your request will be reviewed by CPC-O. Final determination on whether urgent processing is accepted rests with the immigration officer who will inform you by email". So depending on your emergency and the proof you submit they might or might not approve your request.

orrel71

Star Member
Jul 11, 2022
This might help depending on your emergency. They clearly tell you that "Your request will be reviewed by CPC-O. Final determination on whether urgent processing is accepted rests with the immigration officer who will inform you by email". So depending on your emergency and the proof you submit they might or might not approve your request.
Got it Did you translate doctor’s note and medical documents to English? Or did you send it original?

adajeon

Oct 28, 2019
Wanted to share my timeline, experience, and some insight below. I hope this helps people who plan to apply for TRV get a better picture of the processing timeline.

June 9: Online application submitted & confirmed
June 21: Eligibility review started
(June 22: Visa sticker issued/printed)
June 28: Passport request received
June 30: Passport delivered to IRCC Ottawa
July 15: Counterfoil updated in account
July 19: Return tracker updated
July 21: Passport delivered to me.

Canada Post has actually delivered my stamped passport to an incorrect address despite it being sent via Xpresspost with tracking and signature. I managed to track down the mailman today and he retrieved it from a building next door that has a similar street number. If you plan to mail passport using Canada Post, I highly recommend you pay for as many safety features as possible and have it delivered to a post office for pickup if you're not home to receive it. Also, make sure you allocate at least 3 months for the application to be processed and to accommodate any mishaps during mailing before booking any flight tickets. Depending on the complexity of your case the processing time will vary between 1-3 months.

My visa sticker was actually printed before my passport was requested. I also notice that IRCC seems to process and mail documents in batches ie. a person who applies in beginning of the month might get the same update as another person who applies mid-month. So for those who are waiting a long time and still haven't heard back about counterfoil, maybe your account is just in a very long queue to be updated. Wishing everyone all the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: orrel71

rain8976

Jun 23, 2022
Visa application (online) : June 2th
Eligibility : June 19th
PPR: June 28th
Passport received at CPC : June 30th
Counterfoil : July 19th
Got the the passport back the 21th gl guys

Reactions: ragiii