+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
Hello everybody,

Can someone apply for a new TRV from within CANADA holding a valid visitor record and his/her current TRV expiring soon?

The reason I am asking this question is because recently I renewed my study permit, spouse open work permit and child visitor record in a single application (I was the principal applicant). Now I want to apply online for new TRVs for all three of us. However, I was surprised that we couldn't apply for our TRVs in a single application because being a main applicant I couldn't find any TRV option for my spouse and child while filling out the online questionnaire. Based on my research, I found that we need to apply in separate applications. Even if I opt for separate applications, still the questionnaire doesn't lead us to the TRV option in the case of our child who holds a valid visitor record. I saw somewhere on this forum that If we select the current country of residence other than Canada then we can proceed to the TRV option, which is true, however, our child is currently residing with us in CANADA and that would be misinformation.

In this case, do we need to submit a paper based application? which is not preferred these days. Or do we have any other option other than applying from the country of origin (selecting country of residence other than Canada)?

Thank you!

kkrishnabc

Nov 17, 2019
Hi, right now I'm in Canada and I applied for my TRV on dec 2nd. it's mentioned that the processing time would be 53 days from the date of submission, but due to emergency conditions in my home, I have to travel to india asap. I am wondering what would happen if I travel right now and if it's possible to post my passport directly from india to the visa office after it gets approved? does this work or should I cancel my TRV or is there any other option that you might know of? I am on a valid work permit which is good until 2022 may. I can choose to create another application mentioning that I'm applying outside Canada(after I travel to India) but the processing time shows 260 days!!! I'll be stuck in india until then and my work permit will be just wasted. can anyone help me in providing the options that I can choose. thanks
Hi, I am in the same situation, my TRV visa has expired and am currently in Canada on work permit until 2022 Nov. Shall I apply in Canada for the TRV and then can I send my passport to the VFS office when decision is being made on my application? Could you please share your course action/suggestions please?

maurelo23

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Hello guys,

Applied within Canada (Valid WP) Nov 21st
Reviewing Eligibility started Dec 22nd

No more updated, usually after reviewing eligibility starts how long does it take for decision? It's been 6 days already. I'm desperate because I need to travel abroad and still processing.

Any ideas? Thanks guys!

AlexCosta

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
INLAND
App. Filed.......
20-11-2020
Hello guys,

No more updated, usually after reviewing eligibility starts how long does it take for decision? It's been 6 days already. I'm desperate because I need to travel abroad and still processing.

Any ideas? Thanks guys!
Was it in quebec?

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Hi!
I applied for TRV from inside Canada (Edmonton, Alberta) on 25/12/2020. I have valid work permit till July 2021. Just want to know if someone has recently applied for the same from Canada and how long does it actually took to get the final decision.
Thanks!!

Mamta26

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Hello guys,

Any ideas? Thanks guys!
Same happened with me. I have applied for Trv on Nov 22 and reviewing eligibility started on December 20 . After that there is No update till now . I am on PGWp and live in Ontario.

Ifehi

Dec 17, 2020
I applied on 1st of December 2020, in toronto.
Didn’t get any updates ever since...
I have to go to india for emergency purposes
Is it okay if we get stamped in india or should I wait for their reply??
Also I have a valid work permit

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
I applied on 1st of December 2020, in toronto.
Didn’t get any updates ever since...
I have to go to india for emergency purposes
Is it okay if we get stamped in india or should I wait for their reply??
Also I have a valid work permit
All we have same situation
We applied in Nov and didn’t get any updates
All we thinking what if we get stamped in India
I m sure its possible from india but now in COVID situation dnt know