+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

grewal83

Nov 21, 2015
I applied Visitor Visa from inside Canada online on March 24. At that time the processing time from cic website was 7 days. It is now April 25 almost 30 business days has passed and the cic website shows that they are now processing application received on April 12. But my application status is still the same as what it was on the day I applied (application submitted successfully). No passport request, no final decision made yet, no further request or updates.

Is there going to be any problem with it? I am super worried now. I have been in Canada as international student and worker for years. I always extend my permits and apply visas myself and had no problem before. The only thing different this time is that I applied PR last year and the PR application is now in progress. I have valid work permit and study permit though.

Anyway, does anyone have the same experience when applying visitor visa online? Does it mean that my application will be refused?
Thank you.
Dont worry. you will be on implied status until the decision is made.

skyisblue06

Dec 15, 2022
Hi
Do we get any information letter from ircc telling our application is approved before receiving ppr?
In our case we got only this information letter but no ppr? Is it the usual?

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023
Hoping we both get some news this week. They need to be transparent with their processing times because it definitely doesn’t take 11 days.
I discovered something that could be interesting.

Do you have access to the "Application Status Tracker"? Sign in to your Application Status Tracker account (cic.gc.ca)

It's another portal where you can track your applications. There, I randomly stumbled upon the tab "Document Status". It displayed a new TRV number with a new expiry date (1 day before my passport expiry date). I verified and this new visa number is not the same as the ones i've had in the past.

I am not 100% sure but I don't recall seeing this before. So I am hoping that this means that a new Visa was approved and generated in the system. But because the government works in steps, they havn't had time to update me that it's approved.

Maybe that explains why when you called, they said eligibility was already passed but you havn't gotten any update.

JoyMens

Mar 23, 2023
I discovered something that could be interesting.

Do you have access to the "Application Status Tracker"? Sign in to your Application Status Tracker account (cic.gc.ca)

It's another portal where you can track your applications. There, I randomly stumbled upon the tab "Document Status". It displayed a new TRV number with a new expiry date (1 day before my passport expiry date). I verified and this new visa number is not the same as the ones i've had in the past.

I am not 100% sure but I don't recall seeing this before. So I am hoping that this means that a new Visa was approved and generated in the system. But because the government works in steps, they havn't had time to update me that it's approved.

Maybe that explains why when you called, they said eligibility was already passed but you havn't gotten any update.
Yes that could be it. I just received an email from the MP that my application was approved on the 13th of March the same day I received my correspondence letter but no PPR. Apparently a reminder has been sent to the processing office to issue the PPR but I’m not sure how long I have to wait . Also counterfoil generation I heard could take another 2 weeks and my flight is on the 20th of April. I’m honestly stressed with this whole process!

T-Thu

Jul 28, 2022
What’s your timeline? I’m on study permit
I am on a work permit. I got PPR after 15 days. What I am waiting for is my kids' TRV They are on Study permit
. I applied the same day, with me which is on 22 Feb and till today now news

JoyMens

Mar 23, 2023
Hello all, any idea on what I need to do now that I know I have been approved but still not received PPR email after 15 days? I have sent webforms but nothing yet. I can’t get hold of IRCC on the phone. Is there anything else I can do?

JoyMens

Mar 23, 2023
I am on a work permit. I got PPR after 15 days. What I am waiting for is my kids' TRV They are on Study permit
. I applied the same day, with me which is on 22 Feb and till today now news
Did their eligibility review start already? And did you reach out to your MP to know the actual status?

HalN07

Mar 15, 2023
Sharing my timeline, if you have similar timeline, please share yours as well!
TRV inland
Apply: Feb 27
Correspondence letter: Mar 9
PPR: Mar 17
Passport received: Mar 22
Counterfoil: Pending

T-Thu

Jul 28, 2022
Did their eligibility review start already? And did you reach out to your MP to know the actual status?
I have never done this before. I only sent inquiries through IRCC webform. How can I reach MP ? if you have done this before can you give me some ideas how to reach them ?

JoyMens

Mar 23, 2023
I have never done this before. I only sent inquiries through IRCC webform. How can I reach MP ? if you have done this before can you give me some ideas how to reach them ?
Go to ourcommons.ca and search for the MP in your area using your postal code. Once you find it just look for an email address and write to them regarding your situation. They will contact IRCC on your behalf and provide you with their feedback

Reactions: T-Thu