I am sorry for posting this so late
my timeline is as follows:

Applied for TRV inside Canada after receiving my open work permit
Applied on August 10
Update asking for medical check : October 31
Passport request : November 23
Passport sent on 26 November
Passport delivered 27 November
Return tracker was activated on December 6 Thursday and i received my passport on the same day.

*It took me close to 4 months to get my visa/passport in hand after applying. There is no timeline for applications that get selected for further background checks. All you gotta do is wait.
Contacting CIC in my case did no help to me nor sending a web form.

*Make sure they get the additional document when they ask-because when they asked me for my medicals- even after uploading it online in my account they were not able to see the document even after 15 days post uploading. Make sure you send it via all ways you know ( email, web form, contacting CIC agent)

*Do not make plans to travel or book tickets unless you have your passport stamped with visa with you in your hand!!

Thank you all
I hope you all get you visas and passport soon : )
Oh man! Look at this timeline. It is just insane.

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
Called IRCC. Waited a long time to be connected. Talked to an agent. She put me on hold to verify the status of application...and I was disconnected while on hold.

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
Called again. The Agent said that application looks OK and they started to work on it. It wasn’t sent to any special unit which is good and he is going to send a friendly reminder to Ottawa that my application is beyond the normal processing time.
Hopefully it will speed up the process.

gadm1419

Jun 17, 2019
Anyone who applied to renew visa in late May and got your passport back? Mine was approved on June 11 and the tracking has not activated yet. I had to cancel my flight and need to go home asap. Tried to call and email them but nothing works. This waiting game is killing me :((((

Last edited: