+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
Is my application under review or still in progress? Application status is different from others.

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Same bro
Please keep posted

Spartan73

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Just submit a new application. They will automatically withdraw the 1st application once they approve the 2nd one. You have to pay for the fees again but It says in the withdrawal letter that they will issue a refund.

i also sent my 1st application last june 2021.Sent my 2nd app last dec 17,got approved jan 13
Hii
My wife applied in September 2021 from india for trv and no response yet. I would like her to apply again. Did you use the new visitor visa portal or same process again while applying for trv . And that mean both application will stay in process right?? Util the other one is approved??
anyone who reapplied again please help

piegoogle

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hello everyone,

Sorry, I am new on this TRV thread.

What is the average processing time for TRV applied (online, inside Canada)?

Thank you!

Ny0722

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Applied on 4th December 2021,
PPR on 20th December 2021
Passport reached to Ottawa on 22 Dec 2021
Counterfoil stamped on Jan 4th 2022
--------
After counterfoil stamp, I don't see return envelope tracking. I think they didn't post my return envelope. But it's been 13 days, I feel it's too much time.

Anyone has the same issue?
Any update?

Ny0722

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Anyone here who mailed their passport first week of January and already got the passport counterfoil? I'm just worried coz I sent mine last December 31 and they received it January 6. Until now no change of status in my account.
Any update?

ehsan0code

Nov 24, 2021
Submitted on January 14
Status changed to reviewing on the 17th
No update since then.
do they spend most of the application time reviewing ?

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
Hi All

I am applying for a Visitor Visa for my Mother-in-law who is in India. Here are application details

1) People inviting her to Canada are her daughter and son-in-law who are Permanent Residents in Canada
2) She herself is retired in India, had no travel history and has $30K CAD in her bank accounts to fund her trip

After completing the entire application in IRCC portal, the documents that I am getting asked are below and this is where I had confusion regarding certain documents

Supporting Document
1) Passport
2) Funds Proof - Here the field says, "A copy of a letter from the person that you will depend on financially during your stay in Canada. The letter must include the amount of money this person will be providing, plus proof that this person has sufficient funds.". In this case however she is not dependent on us for funds, so she should just show the proof of money in her bank accounts and we(daughter/son in law) dont need to put in any financial documents?

Optional Documents
1) Consent personal Information - From where to actually download this form? I dont see this form anywhere.
2) Employment Letter (Current) - "A copy of a letter from the employer in Canada. This letter must state that the company will hire you to work in Canada for a specific period of time. " I dont know why it is even showing this document as my mother in law has no job or intention to work in Canada
3) Additional Documents - Can i just add 1 additional document? I was thinking I would need to add Invitation Letter, a Letter of explanation with purpose of travel, Property documents in India etc etc but all this cannot fit into 1 document. The portal doesnt allow to add more documents. What should be done in this case? Are all these documents just optional?

The problem is this application is asking for so few documents vs in GCKey. For example the IMM5257 and many IMM forms which are not required here.

Ny0722

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
did any of you sent your passports to ottawa for stamping? How many days will it take? They received mine Jan 17. Until now no update

Reactions: PR Dreamer