+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

lightspeed97

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
thanks for this information that you got your TRV few days after applying without waiting for so long. What about biometrics? Did IRCC requires you to do it?your input is very much appreciated.
I already did biometrics with a previous application so wasn’t required

Feb 25, 2019
Hi everyone
Actually I submitted my oassport for stamping. There is no update since 3 days. Today is forth day. Next week i have to take flight. Do anybody have CPP contact number or mail id ?
please help me

heena_1994

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi everyone
Actually I submitted my oassport for stamping. There is no update since 3 days. Today is forth day. Next week i have to take flight. Do anybody have CPP contact number or mail id ?
please help me
When did u applied and when they received your passport

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi
I applied for TRV inside Canada via online on May 22, 2019 after realizing it had expired a month earlier. .Hoping they deliver my passport soon because I still need to travel to Vancouver to apply for a Schevengen visa as well and I have a flight to catch on July 1, 2019. The struggles of having a passport from a third world country.
There is a chance I might have to cancel my flight and hotel reservations.Processing online was 5 days as of May 13, 2019, so I assumed I had more than enough time.

my timeline is as follows:
Applied on May 22, 2019
Passport request: pending

Last edited:

Ann1990

Dec 19, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have a question and really appreciate if you can help me. I live in Canada and I have a valid open work permit and it is valid for two years but my visa was expired 8 months ago. I want to apply for a visa now but I do not know the answer to these two questions:
1) What would you like to do in Canada?
I have an open work permit but I do not know if I should answer "Visit" for Visa extension?
2) Do you want to restore your status in Canada?
My Visa was expired but my open work permit is valid so I do not know if I should answer "No"
3) What is your current immigration status in Canada?
I do not know if I should choose worker or Visitor or Temporary Resident Permit Holder?

Last edited:

heena_1994

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have a question and really appreciate if you can help me. I live in Canada and I have a valid open work permit and it is valid for two years but my visa was expired 8 months ago. I want to apply for a visa now but I do not know the answer to these two questions:
1) What would you like to do in Canada?
I have an open work permit but I do not know if I should answer "Visit" for Visa extension?
2) Do you want to restore your status in Canada?
My Visa was expired but my open work permit is valid so I do not know if I should answer "No"
3) What is your current immigration status in Canada?
I do not know if I should choose worker or Visitor or Temporary Resident Permit Holder?
1. If you have open wotk permit then you need to answer work not visa because u already have status in canada
2. I think ans is yes but i am not sure because I didn’t ger this question in my questionnaire when I applied for trv
3. For this answer is worker
My suggestion is answer the question properly otherwise it will generate different form for u..

Ann1990

Dec 19, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I think I answered the question wrong because the form IMM5708 was generated but I think the correct form is IMM5257e for Visa extension. I am just trying to find out which answer is wrong.

1. If you have open wotk permit then you need to answer work not visa because u already have status in canada
2. I think ans is yes but i am not sure because I didn’t ger this question in my questionnaire when I applied for trv
3. For this answer is worker
My suggestion is answer the question properly otherwise it will generate different form for u..

heena_1994

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Feb 25, 2019
Not yet! My cic account was updated on 30th may and tracking no has not been activated yet. I have a flight this week. I dont know what to do. It would have taken few mins to mail me and I dont know why they are not mailing it to me. I had also mailed cpc ottawa...... but no received no response. I m helpless now. I m tired of this immigration

heena_1994

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Not yet! My cic account was updated on 30th may and tracking no has not been activated yet. I have a flight this week. I dont know what to do. It would have taken few mins to mail me and I dont know why they are not mailing it to me. I had also mailed cpc ottawa...... but no received no response. I m helpless now. I m tired of this immigration
Same situation .. my application got approved on 31st .. still no news..i dont know why they are taking that much time to send passport.. if you get any update just share here please and i will do same