+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

ankushps

Aug 13, 2021
I am on PGWP and waiting for TRV since 1 Feb, 2021. Still no update. I need to travel to India in November. Raised several webforms and crisis form but of no help. Thinking to reapply, but not sure if I should reapply from within Canada or from India. Any thoughts?

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I am on PGWP and waiting for TRV since 1 Feb, 2021. Still no update. I need to travel to India in November. Raised several webforms and crisis form but of no help. Thinking to reapply, but not sure if I should reapply from within Canada or from India. Any thoughts?
Waiting since March and also thinking of reapplying. But would there be any repercussions if there are two vistor visa applications submitted at the same time? I’m hesitant to withdraw my original file incase they process that in the next few weeks.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Waiting since March and also thinking of reapplying. But would there be any repercussions if there are two vistor visa applications submitted at the same time? I’m hesitant to withdraw my original file incase they process that in the next few weeks.
I believe you would have to withdraw one application, since having two applications might delay the process. But ultimately it's your decision.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
You can definitely re-apply, but just make sure your present application's eligibility review has not started.
If you decide to re-apply, then i believe applying from India should be fine, but you would have to stress the necessity of receiving your TRV on time when you visit the VAC in India; they usually accommodate such requests over there.
But in the end it's entirely up to you...

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am on open work permit and want to travel India and to come back to Canada I need TRV
You qualify fo
But my old TRV says student whereas now I’m on pgwp. I’m just worried if I go india and they question me about this difference on my way back.
No they will not question you because TRV serves the purpose to re-enter which you should be fine doing it .

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can definitely re-apply, but just make sure your present application's eligibility review has not started.
If you decide to re-apply, then i believe applying from India should be fine, but you would have to stress the necessity of receiving your TRV on time when you visit the VAC in India; they usually accommodate such requests over there.
But in the end it's entirely up to you...
Re applying does not apply to inside Canada applications. It will be your choice though to re apply. Re applying is only for immediate family members from outside Canada.

sbhadania

Aug 2, 2018
Inland TRV application after PGWP

Submitted on Aug 28, 2021. Final decision and passport request issued on Friday Oct 1,2021.
Passport stamped on Oct 8 Friday. Canada post tracking no activated on Oct 13 and passport in hand Oct 14. Applicant from toronto.

Fresh application are now processed normally by CIC due to uplift of covid restrictions.

Note: No pr in process or no web form or any email to cic.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019

Submitted on Aug 28, 2021. Final decision and passport request issued on Friday Oct 1,2021.
Passport stamped on Oct 8 Friday. Canada post tracking no activated on Oct 13 and passport in hand Oct 14. Applicant from toronto.

Fresh application are now processed normally by CIC due to uplift of covid restrictions.

Interesting...

baryonix

May 21, 2019

Did you send vaccine proof/employment letter/medical exam?

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi,
anyone tried to submit a new application using the new ircc portal ? I’ve read that is much faster and you can apply with any reason , for example: To visit on business (meeting, special event, training)

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi,
anyone tried to submit a new application using the new ircc portal ? I’ve read that is much faster and you can apply with any reason , for example: To visit on business (meeting, special event, training)
The new application portal which you’re talking about is for TRV applicants applying outside Canada for discretionary purposes who are not ordinarely residents of Canada, meaning those who come to visit friends/family, tourists, etc. who don’t have a residence permit.

Himanshu6444

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Ok everybody I believe I am starting to understand what is happening with CIC's nasty politics. I am now 99% confident that CIC is doing this to people who did not submit proof of vaccination (anyone who applied before/during the campain. We are technically applying for a 'visitor' visa. Canada has blocked its visitor visa applications from outside Canada due to COVID, so I believe inland applicants are simply a 'bug' in their system.
They don't know if we are vaccinated, so they won't issue us visas and instead kept delaying the processing times. Now, because they legally can't say that publicly, they've just come up with the "please reapply" so the same people who applied before can now reapply and prove they are actually vaccinated.
Thank you Canada for creating depression, sadness and frustration among your future citizens. What a great country this will be. I guess lucky we have legal weed and opium crisis now to forget about all these problems :)
If you hate this country so much, better not immigrate. Just be grateful Canada is still accepting immigrants. P.S - I am also an immigrant

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Can anyone let me know if Inland people can re-apply for TRV via new portal or we have to use the old GC Key way?
No, you can't. You'll have to use the current portal for inland applicants. Read previous posts in this thread for further clarification.