+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

hbaig27

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Hey Guys

I applied TRV within Canada on 16th May 2021.

Submitted Travel Exemption Webform on 12th July 2021.
Received generic reply from IRCC that we processing your application on 7th August 2021.

Received email that a new message is posted on my ircc account and Received PPR on 10 August.

Hope my timeline helps.
Hey Congrats! What did you put in your travel exemption form? Thanks

Reactions: Narora25

urvishmehta92

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Hello guys,
My application has been canceled.
Timeline:
Feb11 : Applied for TRV
March23 : Received COPR
April 1: PR status reversed as not present in Canada,Asked me to come to Canada on TRV
July18th : PGWP expired
Aug 11th : TRV application cancelled as my status is PR.

I think I need to request IRCC to issue new COPR with travel visa. Has anyoe done this or know anything like this?

Message from IRCC:

This is in reference to your application for a temporary resident visa.
The Temporary Resident Unit of the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O) only processes temporary resident visa applications from foreign nationals currently holding valid temporary resident status in Canada (i.e. work or study permit).
According to our records, you became a permanent resident of Canada on 2021/03/24. Consequently, our office is unable to process your application for a temporary resident visa.
You are eligible to receive a refund of your processing fees for this application. Our financial office has been notified; please be patient as this procedure may take several weeks.
Your file has now been closed and no processing will take place.

Narora25

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hey Congrats! What did you put in your travel exemption form? Thanks
Hello

I told them that I am fully vaccinated and have to travel to my home country in October. Also, my company is starting back to office policy from November. So, I'll have to come back to Canada before the end of October

muskan009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hey ! is anyone else waiting for their passports to get back after stamping because mine is stuck at ircc from 28th july.

krushit_patel

Nov 5, 2020
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hello guys,
My application has been canceled.
Timeline:
Feb11 : Applied for TRV
March23 : Received COPR
April 1: PR status reversed as not present in Canada,Asked me to come to Canada on TRV
July18th : PGWP expired
Aug 11th : TRV application cancelled as my status is PR.

I think I need to request IRCC to issue new COPR with travel visa. Has anyoe done this or know anything like this?

Message from IRCC:

This is in reference to your application for a temporary resident visa.
The Temporary Resident Unit of the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O) only processes temporary resident visa applications from foreign nationals currently holding valid temporary resident status in Canada (i.e. work or study permit).
According to our records, you became a permanent resident of Canada on 2021/03/24. Consequently, our office is unable to process your application for a temporary resident visa.
You are eligible to receive a refund of your processing fees for this application. Our financial office has been notified; please be patient as this procedure may take several weeks.
Your file has now been closed and no processing will take place.
applied for trv on feb 5, received copr on march 1, bowp expires in January 2022, currently outside canada

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
hello i applied for a TRV, i am outside Canada and submitted it on December 2020, they received my application on the same month and up until now i don't have any updates. the last time my consultant and i checked they're still doing my background check. is there someone who has the same situation as mine. please let me know.

Last edited:

ahmed_ahmed90

Jul 13, 2021
Hey guys, i received the stamped passport yesterday and i noticed that the category of the visa is V-1 Visitor although i applied based on a post graduation work permit. The visa validity is also beyond the validity of the permit. Is this normal or should it be a worker category?

jas4496

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
Hey guys, i received the stamped passport yesterday and i noticed that the category of the visa is V-1 Visitor although i applied based on a post graduation work permit. The visa validity is also beyond the validity of the permit. Is this normal or should it be a worker category?
hello,

how much time they took for stamping... i sent my passport on 9th august.

jas4496

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
for pgwp based stamp--its W1 category.. time duration same as pgwp length...