+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

arielli

Nov 7, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I applied Visitor Visa from inside Canada online on Oct 24th. At that time the processing time from cic website was 7 days. It is now Nov. 6th, 10 business days has passed and the cic website shows that they are now processing application received on Oct 28th. But my application status is still the same as what it was on the day I applied (application submitted successfully). No passport request, no final decision made yet, no further request or updates.

Is there going to be any problem with it? I am super worried now. I have been in Canada as international student and worker for years. I always extend my permits and apply visas myself and had no problem before. The only thing different this time is that I applied PR last year and the PR application is now in progress. I have valid work permit and study permit though.

Anyway, does anyone have the same experience when applying visitor visa online? Does it mean that my application will be refused?
Thank you.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
arielli said:
Hi Everyone,

I applied Visitor Visa from inside Canada online on Oct 24th. At that time the processing time from cic website was 7 days. It is now Nov. 6th, 10 business days has passed and the cic website shows that they are now processing application received on Oct 28th. But my application status is still the same as what it was on the day I applied (application submitted successfully). No passport request, no final decision made yet, no further request or updates.

Is there going to be any problem with it? I am super worried now. I have been in Canada as international student and worker for years. I always extend my permits and apply visas myself and had no problem before. The only thing different this time is that I applied PR last year and the PR application is now in progress. I have valid work permit and study permit though.

Anyway, does anyone have the same experience when applying visitor visa online? Does it mean that my application will be refused?
Thank you.
Posted times are estimates, not commitments.

One out of five applications take longer.

You will have to wait.

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
arielli said:
Hi Everyone,

Thank you.
Hi I'm on the same truck. I have applied on 19th October, 2016. I have contacted o CIC and they emailed me back that it needs additional verification (don't know what is that). My PR application is also under process. Do you have any update?

Peace16

Oct 31, 2016
Did the reply exactly like that "they need additional verification". I got reply that "it's under processing ". But that was 20 days before.No updates after that.

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Peace16 said:
Did the reply exactly like that "they need additional verification". I got reply that "it's under processing ". But that was 20 days before.No updates after that.
I got the reply last Tuesday. It was written "Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required."
Don't know what to do. I'm waiting for PR application from long time.

Elilo

Nov 29, 2016
I am worried its the same case with my application. My work permit here ends three weeks and I applied two and a half weeks ago =/ Please update

Agazim

Dec 16, 2016
Hey man i have sent my application by mail on paper with my passport on the 3rd novmber every time i call them they dont give an answer for my application and i havea flight to mexico in a week and i still havent got my passport what should i do in this postion did u get your passport?

trvapplicant

Jul 6, 2017
Hi I'm on the same truck. I have applied on 19th October, 2016. I have contacted o CIC and they emailed me back that it needs additional verification (don't know what is that). My PR application is also under process. Do you have any update?

Hello Tuki,

Could you please let me know how long in total it ended up taking CIC to send you a passport request for your TRV? I really appreciate your response, as I am currently in the same boat (I have been in Canada for 4 years, never had a problem. I recently applied to TRV from inside Canada which is taking too long. When I inquired, I got a response from CIC that it needs additional verification !). I appreciate your response.

Thanks !

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Hello Tuki,

Could you please let me know how long in total it ended up taking CIC to send you a passport request for your TRV? I really appreciate your response, as I am currently in the same boat (I have been in Canada for 4 years, never had a problem. I recently applied to TRV from inside Canada which is taking too long. When I inquired, I got a response from CIC that it needs additional verification !). I appreciate your response.

Thanks !
It took almost 90 days to get the passport request for my TRV.