+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV form questions....

leviche

Sep 14, 2009
My wife, two children and I are PR and we went back to Qatar to finish our work contract (January 2008), that time my wife is 4 months pregnant she delivered our baby outside Canada. Now we are going back to re establish, we are applying for a visa for my youngest. We are told that TRV is the best way and when we arrived in Canada, we can apply her the PR.

In case of the TRV (IMM 5257), at #2. I need to apply for my 16 months old who has no PR yet, do we have to include my spouse, children and myself who already have a PR cards on this? Because it says, accompanying or not should be included but it did not say anything if you already got a PR or not.
#5. Funds available...does this apply to my daughter or our total funds will be written here or nothing at all?

Also according to the immigration cic reply, that TRV to my child will be granted only if the parents and children who has PR maintained residency obligations.: In our case, we have been outside Canada 720 days (January 2008) to finish our work contract and we are going back this January 2010 to re establish. When we went out of Canada, we only secured S.I.N card and bank account for we have to come back to work in Qatar within a month and according to the cic site's reply, maintaining the 5 year rule (3 out of 5 years outside Canada) is not the only criteria but also proof of establishing in Canada like driving license and rent etc before we go out which we were not able to do so because of limited time. ..does this mean we will have a problem when we return back to Canada?