+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for wife in India

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I recently got married and applied for TRV for my wife in India hoping for approval chances based on immediate family member travel exemption clause as mentioned by IRCC.

What is the current processing times for TRV visa for applicants from India?

Should I have to wait and go with inland sponsorship once TRV approved or proceed with Outland sponsorship regardless of the result of TRV visa?

Many thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Current processing times for TRV from India is 8+ months. It is not expedited for travel exemptions. You may be just as fast with spousal sponsorship.

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Another quick question.

Let's say if I am submitting my spousal application this month.will it affect my spouse TRV visa negatively?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. Another quick question.

Let's say if I am submitting my spousal application this month.will it affect my spouse TRV visa negatively?
No. However it is difficult to get a TRV because she is now married. Officers will know she is not coming to visit temporaril.

vinayk

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hello all,

I recently got married and applied for TRV for my wife in India hoping for approval chances based on immediate family member travel exemption clause as mentioned by IRCC.

What is the current processing times for TRV visa for applicants from India?

Should I have to wait and go with inland sponsorship once TRV approved or proceed with Outland sponsorship regardless of the result of TRV visa?

Many thanks
Hi Anish, Any update on your spouse's TRV ? trying to figure out the best route for spouse travel to Canada. Thank you.