+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Spouse - India

Oct 23, 2017
Hello All,

We have applied for my TRV 11th Sep 2017. My husband is a PR in Canada and we have applied from India.

Ours is a unique case. We have applied for spousal PR in 3rd week of July, for which we received sponsorship approval in Sep. Since the whole PR process is going to take more time, once we received sponsorship approval, we submitted online application for her visitor visa.CIC website shows processing time of 35 days but it's been 42 days now and no response from them excepting online acknowledgement of receipt of the application. We tried calling their Canada office and they say the application is in Delhi office. There is no contact number of Delhi office and their email response tells us to expect a reply in 30 days!!

We are wondering what's happening as there is no update on the application. Any views, pls welcome. Good luck to all of you :)

Last edited:

PB*

Nov 7, 2017
Hello All,

We have applied for my TRV 11th Sep 2017. My husband is a PR in Canada and we have applied from India.

Ours is a unique case. We have applied for spousal PR in 3rd week of July, for which we received sponsorship approval in Sep. Since the whole PR process is going to take more time, once we received sponsorship approval, we submitted online application for her visitor visa.CIC website shows processing time of 35 days but it's been 42 days now and no response from them excepting online acknowledgement of receipt of the application. We tried calling their Canada office and they say the application is in Delhi office. There is no contact number of Delhi office and their email response tells us to expect a reply in 30 days!!

We are wondering what's happening as there is no update on the application. Any views, pls welcome. Good luck to all of you :)[/QUOTE

Hi,

Did you receive any update?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello All,

We are wondering what's happening as there is no update on the application. Any views, pls welcome. Good luck to all of you :)
Hi,

Your case is not unique. It is generally quite difficult (although not impossible) to be granted a TRV when a spousal PR application is in process.

Quite honestly, you are expecting a bit too much both in terms of a TRV (as it would seem like she wants to avoid staying in India while her PR app is being processed) + the TRV processing time (processing times published on the IRCC website are only estimates and are not fixed times within which applications are processed).

You cannot contact (call/email a visa officer/visit) the NDVO. And, replies to the web form can take up to 30 days (that's standard).

You'll need to be patient. Hopefully, your wife will be issued a TRV

Cheers

Oct 23, 2017
Hi,

Your case is not unique. It is generally quite difficult (although not impossible) to be granted a TRV when a spousal PR application is in process.

Quite honestly, you are expecting a bit too much both in terms of a TRV (as it would seem like she wants to avoid staying in India while her PR app is being processed) + the TRV processing time (processing times published on the IRCC website are only estimates and are not fixed times within which applications are processed).

You cannot contact (call/email a visa officer/visit) the NDVO. And, replies to the web form can take up to 30 days (that's standard).

You'll need to be patient. Hopefully, your wife will be issued a TRV

Cheers
Hello Bryanna,

Happy to share that we have been granted 1 year multiple entry visitor visa. It took approximately 35 business days for us to get the decision (It may be coincidence, not sure). Passport processing took 5 business days after the decision(online application, submitted passport in Hyderabad, passport has been sent to Bangalore Embassy for processing). We had written multiple emails and raised forms to NDVO. On the decision day, we received reply to one of the forms saying decision has been taken. Our wait is over and I am flying on 20th Nov to see my husband :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryanna,

Happy to share that we have been granted 1 year multiple entry visitor visa. It took approximately 35 business days for us to get the decision (It may be coincidence, not sure). Passport processing took 5 business days after the decision(online application, submitted passport in Hyderabad, passport has been sent to Bangalore Embassy for processing). We had written multiple emails and raised forms to NDVO. On the decision day, we received reply to one of the forms saying decision has been taken. Our wait is over and I am flying on 20th Nov to see my husband :)
Congratulations. That's super fantastic :):)

You're incredibly lucky because not everyone else in your situation (i.e. applying for a TRV while a PR app is in process) is granted a TRV. And, a 1-year TRV is normally what is issued in such cases

Oct 23, 2017
Congratulations. That's super fantastic :):)

You're incredibly lucky because not everyone else in your situation (i.e. applying for a TRV while a PR app is in process) is granted a TRV. And, a 1-year TRV is normally what is issued in such cases
Thanks much. This forum has helped us a lot in different means. We wish speedy & positive decision to all our co-applicants.

SpdA

Nov 21, 2017
Hi..
Im from chennai.
I just got engaged and my fiance has a PR .
We r gettin married in march. I would like to know if i can apply for a trv now and pr after v get married. Or should i wait till we get married and apply for pr. I would very much like to leave with him after the wedding but reading the threads i guess i would have to wait and go. But can you tell me which is better.
Currently i work here in chennai.
My travellin history(if it helps) :
Student visa -italy (11-13)
Tourist visa - uk (13)
Torist visa - uae (12,13)
Held a resident visa for uae during 14,15

Pls advice me on the same..
Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi..
Im from chennai.
I just got engaged and my fiance has a PR .
We r gettin married in march. I would like to know if i can apply for a trv now and pr after v get married. Or should i wait till we get married and apply for pr. I would very much like to leave with him after the wedding but reading the threads i guess i would have to wait and go. But can you tell me which is better.
Currently i work here in chennai.
My travellin history(if it helps) :
Student visa -italy (11-13)
Tourist visa - uk (13)
Torist visa - uae (12,13)
Held a resident visa for uae during 14,15

Pls advice me on the same..
Thank you
Hi,

You'll need to wait until you get married so that your future spouse can file for your PR.

Your Travel History doesn't help much because your visits to the UK was on the back of your Italy study permit + UAE is very liberal in issuing visitor visas + you had a resident visa for the UAE (long-term stay)

Do you own property/land (not recently transferred from a family member)?
Can you prove you have strong work commitments to return to? And, if possible, a scheduled visit to a country that requires visas?
Do you have a Canadian host (not your fiancé)?

Cheers

SpdA

Nov 21, 2017
Hi,

You'll need to wait until you get married so that your future spouse can file for your PR.

Your Travel History doesn't help much because your visits to the UK was on the back of your Italy study permit + UAE is very liberal in issuing visitor visas + you had a resident visa for the UAE (long-term stay)

Do you own property/land (not recently transferred from a family member)?
Can you prove you have strong work commitments to return to? And, if possible, a scheduled visit to a country that requires visas?
Do you have a Canadian host (not your fiancé)?

Cheers
Hi bryanna

I do have a property but transferred only to me this May. I work in a private company. My family lives here. I have a friend in canada who can sponsor me too. As of yet i do not have a visa scheduled. It if necesaary and if it would help i can take one.

So after the wedding, we apply for pr and then is it possible to get a trv? Or i just have to wait until i receive my pr to join my husband? It would take 12months???

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi bryanna

I do have a property but transferred only to me this May. I work in a private company. My family lives here. I have a friend in canada who can sponsor me too. As of yet i do not have a visa scheduled. It if necesaary and if it would help i can take one.

So after the wedding, we apply for pr and then is it possible to get a trv? Or i just have to wait until i receive my pr to join my husband? It would take 12months???
You could try to apply for a TRV before you get married. I would suggest applying in December. You would need to work really hard to prepare a good application.

Do remember there are no guarantees to being granted a TRV. If, unfortunately, you are refused, you must wait for your PR to be filed before you reapply.

Do post the complete list of documents which you intend to submit (should you decide to apply sometime soon)

SpdA

Nov 21, 2017
You could try to apply for a TRV before you get married. I would suggest applying in December. You would need to work really hard to prepare a good application.

Do remember there are no guarantees to being granted a TRV. If, unfortunately, you are refused, you must wait for your PR to be filed before you reapply.

Do post the complete list of documents which you intend to submit (should you decide to apply sometime soon)

If my trv gets rejected will it affect my pr application??

SpdA

Nov 21, 2017
No, it won't impact your PR application.

Yes, you can apply for TRV after applying for PR. Generally, the chances of TRV approval are low in such cases

Thank you for the advice. I will keep you posted on my journey