TRV for spouse and dependant

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Guys,

I have applied for spouse TRV on September 29. (Sponsorship app submitted on September 26)
After biometrics on October 04,there is no update at all.

I called IRCC centre ,an agent mentioned that our file in in New Delhi VO. Tracker got an update: "We received an enquiry on October 17"

My question is : Will they reject the application based on the dates mentioned for travel in the application : October 21 to October 29,2023 .As my wife is resuming job from November 1st .My wife employer mentioned the dates for leave in the letter so we used the same for application as well.
By the time an officer touches my file ,the dates of travel will be elapsed.

Should I withdraw or continue with my application ? Please suggest
Based on whats been happening since mid July, TRVs are simply put in freezer. I have seen very few (read: rarely few) applicants on this forum who have got TRVs after mid-July.
Its entirely upto you to withdraw your application - i wont suggest you for/against it.

However, pls DONT buy ticket, DONT jeopardize job or take leave, and dont start paying for hotels or anything for any specific dates.
The 30/60 day processing is rarely being met. I will not count on that.

Instead of TRV, focus on Spousal PR. They seem to be processing those at a much quicker pace than ever before 5-7 months in some cases. So based on that, if i were you, i'd not take off now, focus on work, take more work, start a business lol...do whatever to earn/save more - cuz once you will be in Canada - you will need those extra Ds to spend at every step.

But i still wish and hope that your and everyones' TRV is processed quickly - you never know, IRCC minister bumps his head in kitchen tonight, and might come back to restart the Family Reunification program tomorrow.

Reactions: JamesRodriguez

FPsalmist

Oct 29, 2023
Hi,
I applied for TRV Oct 19. Eligibility has been completed on the PR tracker but I haven’t got any update so far. Do I need medical for TRV?

This is my application timeline so far..
Application submitted May 25th 2023
AOR July 21st 2023
Biometrics Instruction Letter Aug 1st 2023
Biometrics Completed Aug 2nd 2023
Sponsorship Approval Aug 4th 2023
Background check- in progress Aug 4th

Nothing so far till I applied for TRV
Application submitted Oct 19 2023
Eligibility Completed Oct 26th 2023

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi,
I applied for TRV Oct 19. Eligibility has been completed on the PR tracker but I haven’t got any update so far. Do I need medical for TRV?

This is my application timeline so far..
Application submitted May 25th 2023
AOR July 21st 2023
Biometrics Instruction Letter Aug 1st 2023
Biometrics Completed Aug 2nd 2023
Sponsorship Approval Aug 4th 2023
Background check- in progress Aug 4th

Nothing so far till I applied for TRV
Application submitted Oct 19 2023
Eligibility Completed Oct 26th 2023
Which country ?

Ajeshola

Jul 17, 2023
Hi guys, I applied for TRV while my PR application is in progress. The TRV application now showing on the tracker, will a ghost update from the TRV tracker also reflect on the PR tracker? I got a ghost update on the PR tracker and I don't know if it's because of the TRV. If anyone knows please

FPsalmist

Oct 29, 2023
Hi guys, I applied for TRV while my PR application is in progress. The TRV application now showing on the tracker, will a ghost update from the TRV tracker also reflect on the PR tracker? I got a ghost update on the PR tracker and I don't know if it's because of the TRV. If anyone knows please
Same thing happened to me.

No update on my PR application since Aug 4th. But when I submitted my TRV on 20th Oct which was linked immediately, I got a ghost update on my PR for 5th October.

Ajeshola

Jul 17, 2023
Same thing happened to me.

No update on my PR application since Aug 4th. But when I submitted my TRV on 20th Oct which was linked immediately, I got a ghost update on my PR for 5th October.
Did you get another ghost update on 20th Oct for PR? I'm guessing you got one for Trv

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
No... please.. no...
don`t spam here about ghost updates... there is a dedicated thread for this nonsense... here we discuss useful information about TRV applications

Reactions: YVR123

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
Hey guys, I am from Germany and applied under that new "program" (Open Spousal work permit and TRV faster) but today I got a refusal for the work permit. As a reason, it is stated that I don't have any LMIA. As far as my husband understood everything on the CIC Homepage we don't need any LMIA. Does anyone know about that?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey guys, I am from Germany and applied under that new "program" (Open Spousal work permit and TRV faster) but today I got a refusal for the work permit. As a reason, it is stated that I don't have any LMIA. As far as my husband understood everything on the CIC Homepage we don't need any LMIA. Does anyone know about that?
Q1 - When did you apply for TRV and did you get TRV or not?
Q2 - if you got TRV, did you arrive in Canada and then applied for Work permit, or you applied from home country?
Q3 - When did you apply for Spousal PR, did you got AOR and SA - and then applied for TRV + WP?

Reactions: ERCAN