+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Isn't inland SOWP the old regular program? I thought only the TRV thing is new.
Given your talk about the TRV I thought you were talking about the new program.

Sorry, no idea about your question. Why not get the TRV first and then figure it out?

sg1234

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Given your talk about the TRV I thought you were talking about the new program.

Sorry, no idea about your question. Why not get the TRV first and then figure it out?
This is what I was thinking to do assuming the OWP application is the same for Family Class (outland) spousal PR applicants:
  1. Spouse applies for TRV
  2. Spouse enters Canada
  3. Spouse applies for OWP (can be applied within Canada only)
  4. Spouse leaves Canada after 2-3 weeks
  5. Spouse comes back to Canada after the OWP is issued in 3-5 months
Will this work?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is what I was thinking to do assuming the OWP application is the same for Family Class (outland) spousal PR applicants:
  1. Spouse applies for TRV
  2. Spouse enters Canada
  3. Spouse applies for OWP (can be applied within Canada only)
  4. Spouse leaves Canada after 2-3 weeks
  5. Spouse comes back to Canada after the OWP is issued in 3-5 months
Will this work?
1. Maybe.

4. I believe same point applies - do not know if they will process the OWP if the subject has left.

5. What if something happens? (Like what? I don't know. See covid, for example.)

Note that INLAND apps are intended for applicants who are IN Canada. (It's kind of in the name.) Use as intended is recommended. If your spouse doesn't intend to stay, then just apply outland.

Might it work? Yep. Might it not work? Yep.

Argent

Jul 6, 2023
Curious about those spouses that have made their way over with TRV. I received a email letter from IRCC to reply to the email they sent with the application info, to provide the estimate when the spouse entered Canada on their TRV and to submit photo and current address within 7 days to finalize PR application/for their PR Card. A separate email from LDNImmigration required a reply for virtual landing by providing current address and to update via webform with it too. I'm finding the whole replying IRCC emails to provide info a bit suspect....is this normal?

This was a outland PR family class spouse application initially but my spouse made their way over via family reunification TRV in August.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Curious about those spouses that have made their way over with TRV. I received a email letter from IRCC to reply to the email they sent with the application info, to provide the estimate when the spouse entered Canada on their TRV and to submit photo and current address within 7 days to finalize PR application/for their PR Card. A separate email from LDNImmigration required a reply for virtual landing by providing current address and to update via webform with it too. I'm finding the whole replying IRCC emails to provide info a bit suspect....is this normal?

This was a outland PR family class spouse application initially but my spouse made their way over via family reunification TRV in August.
Normal and the correct way to proceed. They now do this 'virtual' landing procedure as matter of course for applicants in Canada, whether or not the application started as outland or inland. Also why those who arrive in Canada after starting an outland app should update their address with IRCC.

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023

Did any one's spouse applied wo OWP after coming on TRV?

RACHIT80

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi, do we have to apply for visa extension if PR file is in process and temporary visitor permit is expiring?

abhisheksingh0221

Nov 7, 2022
Hi, do we have to apply for visa extension if PR file is in process and temporary visitor permit is expiring?
why have you not applied for OWP yet ? i assume you'd have the AOR from the spousal PR application.
correct me if i am wrong , if someone applies for OWP, he/she need not apply for extension of visitor visa and can stay on implied status till the OWP is approved . is it ?

Last edited: