TRV for spouse and dependant

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Can anyone help with reconsideration ?
I applied for Spousal visitor visa on July 12, 2023
Biometrics Done- July 18, 2023
Sep 10, 2023 Rejection
Not sure anyone can help with that sparse bit of information. On what ground do you think you might apply for reconsideration? Maybe because Sean Fraser said something like 98% would be approved, so why not you? Good question, for sure.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Can anyone help with reconsideration ?
I applied for Spousal visitor visa on July 12, 2023
Biometrics Done- July 18, 2023
Sep 10, 2023 Rejection
Hi Harpreet...firstly im sorry that you got the refusal from CIC on your TRV.
You are asking for reconsideration - is your case still open? Can you still communicate to CIC about that application? I doubt that - they usually send a refusal and close that application.

If its later, nothing to worry. What's your main goal - to get your spouse's PR application approved. Right? The TRV was just a side bonus. Since you applied in April, i'd say dont waste your money. Jan/Feb applicants have started to get Passport requests. So wait a few months and your own PR application will be done. By the way - would you like to share where is your current PR applications - what stage it is at currently?
have you got sponsorship approval? medicals and biometrics passed?

HARPREETK16

Star Member
Aug 15, 2023
Hi Harpreet...firstly im sorry that you got the refusal from CIC on your TRV.
You are asking for reconsideration - is your case still open? Can you still communicate to CIC about that application? I doubt that - they usually send a refusal and close that application.

If its later, nothing to worry. What's your main goal - to get your spouse's PR application approved. Right? The TRV was just a side bonus. Since you applied in April, i'd say dont waste your money. Jan/Feb applicants have started to get Passport requests. So wait a few months and your own PR application will be done. By the way - would you like to share where is your current PR applications - what stage it is at currently?
have you got sponsorship approval? medicals and biometrics passed?
Thank you for your response. Yes it shows closed .
This is the problem, my PR application is also stuck.
Applied - April 21, 2023
AOR- June 29th
Biometrics updated from TRV application.
After that nothing.
What should i do ?
I really appreciate your response.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Samething written you will not return, Insufficient funds.
Reconsideration may not work in such case
If you have made a perfect application, you can try Judicial Review

I have done JR on my childrens refused TRV's and got it approved but that was because it was a refusal by IRCC's tool - No officer had ever looked at my file

If you want to do JR, then hire a good lawyer and invoke Rule 9

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Thank you for your response. Yes it shows closed .
This is the problem, my PR application is also stuck.
Applied - April 21, 2023
AOR- June 29th
Biometrics updated from TRV application.
After that nothing.
What should i do ?
I really appreciate your response.
Harpeet - how can you say your application is "STUCK". It was stuck, if you had not recd AOR, or bio metrics application was not updated from TRV.
and by the way - no body is stopping you to go ahead and do the medical - its called ADVANCE MEDICAL. Get it done, give your UCI and application number to the medical clinic that completes your application.

And you will see it will be uploaded in your tracker as well.

Background and criminality check takes time. You have to have patience. Check in april group - how many got AOR and Sponsorship approval so far? if more than 50% already got pre-arrival email by now, ok then may be your application is stuck. If not----relax - this is the usual IRCC speed.

You applied in April 2023. There is a guy who applied in June of 2022 ---and his spouse's application has not proceeded more than medical so far.
My suggestion is, dont panic. There is no need for it, at least not yet.

Reactions: YVR123

HARPREETK16

Star Member
Aug 15, 2023
Harpeet - how can you say your application is "STUCK". It was stuck, if you had not recd AOR, or bio metrics application was not updated from TRV.
and by the way - no body is stopping you to go ahead and do the medical - its called ADVANCE MEDICAL. Get it done, give your UCI and application number to the medical clinic that completes your application.

And you will see it will be uploaded in your tracker as well.

Background and criminality check takes time. You have to have patience. Check in april group - how many got AOR and Sponsorship approval so far? if more than 50% already got pre-arrival email by now, ok then may be your application is stuck. If not----relax - this is the usual IRCC speed.

You applied in April 2023. There is a guy who applied in June of 2022 ---and his spouse's application has not proceeded more than medical so far.
My suggestion is, dont panic. There is no need for it, at least not yet.
Thank you so much for your words. I really got panic after refusal.
Now I am ok. Thank you thank you thank you so much.
Can i just raised a web form for reconsideration or just leave and wait for PR file ?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Thank you so much for your words. I really got panic after refusal.
Now I am ok. Thank you thank you thank you so much.
Can i just raised a web form for reconsideration or just leave and wait for PR file ?
If it helps you sleep well at night - sure do it :)
In my puny, little knowledge, i dont think webform will help at all - as the file is CLOSED!!!
But if it helps and you hear back from IRCC, great - please update all of us here if you got a positive response.

Reactions: HARPREETK16

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Reconsideration may not work in such case
If you have made a perfect application, you can try Judicial Review

I have done JR on my childrens refused TRV's and got it approved but that was because it was a refusal by IRCC's tool - No officer had ever looked at my file

If you want to do JR, then hire a good lawyer and invoke Rule 9
How did you know it was IRCC tool that rejected the application ? Are they using AI for rejection and approval ?

Sddiin

Sep 11, 2023
My wife applied on May,30,2023 for a TRV and still no response, we have an ongoing Spousal Sponsorship where we received: AOR,Sponsor approval,CSQ, she did her medical & biometrics.

Considering how long it's taking, is it likely my wife's TRV will be accepted?

Sunset78

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
My wife applied on May,30,2023 for a TRV and still no response, we have an ongoing Spousal Sponsorship where we received: AOR,Sponsor approval,CSQ, she did her medical & biometrics.

Considering how long it's taking, is it likely my wife's TRV will be accepted?
There's no guarantee it will be granted IMHO. We are in the same situation. Applied for TRV in June and sponsorship in November 2022. Background and eligibility on both applications are at a stand still. Even have the MP involved for trv and haven't heard anything either since mid August when they said they were gonna contact ircc.

Sddiin

Sep 11, 2023
There's no guarantee it will be granted IMHO. We are in the same situation. Applied for TRV in June and sponsorship in November 2022. Background and eligibility on both applications are at a stand still. Even have the MP involved for trv and haven't heard anything either since mid August when they said they were gonna contact ircc.
It seems VO Rabat is very slow....

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
I applied for TRV July 28 and on sept 5 I raise a web form , this is the reply I got from them, anyone experiencing this

Thank you for contacting the Migration Section at the High

Commission of Canada in Singapore.

Your application is currently in process and is pending review by an officer. At this time, there is nothing required from you.

If, over the course of processing, additional information is required, our office will contact you directly.

We regret that processing times are very long right now. Many clients are experiencing significant wait times with the processing of their applications, and we continue to work to reduce processing times. At this time, we are unable to predict when the situation will return to normal, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.