+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

paramvir3003

Mar 6, 2021
Did you show any home ties???what supporting docs did you submit ,if you don't mind sharing?? @paramvir3003
We shared my status docs in canada, my salary slips and bank certificate as i mentioned i will support my wife during her visit. For my wife - her employment docs (offer letter, salary slips, tax docs), marriage certificate, her savings account. That was most of it.

I would say write a really strong invitation letter giving a really good reason to invite your spouse, for example - wedding anniversary, or a birthday (provide bookings for some small party or travel plans if possible, although we didn't provide anything) etc. Also request that you will visit for a short time period of vacation - 2 or 3 weeks max). This would make a really good case considering all other supporting docs are fine.

vid_west

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Applied for TRV on Aug 6th. No update whatsoever yet. I’m so anxious. Spousal PR has everything complete.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Try mailing the MP and mention the details as well. Keep us posted if any reply comes in
Barely 30 days have passed and you are recommending seeking MP assistance? Small wonder if MPs have no time to assist in cases that cry out for assistance. Hint: this is not such a case.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

paramvir3003

Mar 6, 2021
Sounds to me like your wife would qualify for a TRV regardless of having a PR application in the works. Evidently she has a good job, CAD50 K in the bank. Strong case right there.
Ah, I should mention that funds are from the sponsor, here in a Canadian bank.

paramvir3003

Mar 6, 2021
I have a few questions if anyone can help me please:

1. Can we change the itinerary plan that we submitted, specifically pre-pone the arrival date that was mentioned earlier in the application? Note - The landing airport will be the same.
2. Do we need to book a return ticket? My spouse's PR is in progress and we are hoping to do a virtual landing once the application is approved.
3. I have read in some forums that the airline won't let you board the flight if you don't have the return ticket for a Visitor Visa. Is anyone aware of that, especially in the case of Air India?

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Reactions: vwei

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Ah, I should mention that funds are from the sponsor, here in a Canadian bank.
Since that is the case, and your wife got TRV, there must now be new rules for TRV applicants who are also applying for PR - rules saying the sponsor's income and assets count.

Until lately, time and time again the advice on this forum was that the funds shown must be those of the TRV applicant. My experience has demonstrated that. We have applied 3 times for TRV for my wife. She has never had more than very modest sums in her bank account. I have always said I would cover all her expenses. When we applied most recently for a TRV for her this spring, almost 5 months after submitting her PR application, I had just sold a house and was about to buy another. So, I just happened to have a rather large sum sitting in my bank - well over $1 million, albeit that was a temporary situation. That healthy balance counted for nothing. The IRCC still told her that they don't believe her or me and that, if allowed in, her plan is to live here forever in the shadows, as an illegal.

But, I suppose things are different now. It's said here by many that since Sean Fraser's announcement, it's now a free-for-all and spousal TRV applicants are being approved at a rate of about 98%. We won't try again. If we tried a 4th time we'd probably get a lifetime ban for being a pain. As it is, we fear 3 denials with seriously prejudice her PR application, but we can't take back those applications. We may be on an IRCC blacklist.

Last edited:

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Since that is the case, and your wife got TRV, there must now be new rules for TRV applicants who are also applying for PR - rules saying the sponsor's income and assets count.

Until lately, time and time again the advice on this forum was that the funds shown must be those of the TRV applicant. My experience has demonstrated that. We have applied 3 times for TRV for my wife. She has never had more than very modest sums in her bank account. I have always said I would cover all her expenses. When we applied most recently for a TRV for her this spring, almost 5 months after submitting her PR application, I had just sold a house and was about to buy another. So, I just happened to have a rather large sum sitting in my bank - well over $1 million, albeit that was a temporary situation. That healthy balance counted for nothing. The IRCC still told her that they don't believe her or me and that, if allowed in, her plan is to live here forever in the shadows, as an illegal.

But, I suppose things are different now. It's said here by many that since Sean Fraser's announcement, it's now a free-for-all and spousal TRV applicants are being approved at a rate of about 98%. We won't try again. If we tried a 4th time we'd probably get a lifetime ban for being a pain. As it is, we fear 3 denials with seriously prejudice her PR application, but we can't take back those applications. We may be on an IRCC blacklist.
Kaibagan....you really know how to roast someone. That free for all and 98% cracked me up.

ok, let me assure you its not a free-for-all thing, based on my daily observation of all of these threads. There is no 98% approval rate. Infact, if you recall in my earlier post i did mention about the change in that approval rate, since Fraser left office. That change has become the norm now.

Since 15th July - TRV approvals have gone down to 0% (sample based on this forum).

Since July, most of the TRV applicants in this specific thread, did not have any luck with getting their TRVs. If any Spousal PR applicant, applied for TRV on or after 15th July - and has got their TRV now, or even got a PPR for TRV - please do let us know, when you applied for TRV, which office you applied, when you got TRV --and what stage was your Spousal PR, when you applied for TRV.

So that 98% rate -- is out of the window. 8% might be the new rate (pun intended).

Reactions: Kaibigan

paramvir3003

Mar 6, 2021
Kaibagan....you really know how to roast someone. That free for all and 98% cracked me up.

ok, let me assure you its not a free-for-all thing, based on my daily observation of all of these threads. There is no 98% approval rate. Infact, if you recall in my earlier post i did mention about the change in that approval rate, since Fraser left office. That change has become the norm now.

Since 15th July - TRV approvals have gone down to 0% (sample based on this forum).

Since July, most of the TRV applicants in this specific thread, did not have any luck with getting their TRVs. If any Spousal PR applicant, applied for TRV on or after 15th July - and has got their TRV now, or even got a PPR for TRV - please do let us know, when you applied for TRV, which office you applied, when you got TRV --and what stage was your Spousal PR, when you applied for TRV.

So that 98% rate -- is out of the window. 8% might be the new rate (pun intended).
We did get TRV approved recently. You can check our timeline in my signature.

GloryAlemseged

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Hello Guys ,

i have applied for TRV after i got AOR. Here is my timeline

submission of application - August 21
Bi ometric Done - August 24
Eligibility completed - September 4

Then no update still. My question is, in prof of finance, I only summited my wife's(sponsor) employment letter with her weekly income, mine(PA) employment letter from my company and bank statement from my account. I did not submit my sponsor bank statement from CAD. my wife is pregnant and i listed in the purpose of travel. So, do i have good opportunity to get TRV?

HARPREETK16

Star Member
Aug 15, 2023
Can anyone help with reconsideration ?
I applied for Spousal visitor visa on July 12, 2023
Biometrics Done- July 18, 2023
Sep 10, 2023 Rejection