+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

Argent

Jul 6, 2023
Curious for those spouses that made it over under this program that have outland PRs still being processed what are the typical next steps yall are doing?
1) Do we change their home address from home country to Canadian one and if so how?
2) Do they qualify for a work permit even though they have an outland applicaiton? My understanding was work permit applies to inland application only.
3) Is there anything else people recommend they enrol in like courses or classes so they aren't just loitering around making their sponsor's reconsider sponsoring them o_O

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Curious for those spouses that made it over under this program that have outland PRs still being processed what are the typical next steps yall are doing?
1) Do we change their home address from home country to Canadian one and if so how?
2) Do they qualify for a work permit even though they have an outland applicaiton? My understanding was work permit applies to inland application only.
3) Is there anything else people recommend they enrol in like courses or classes so they aren't just loitering around making their sponsor's reconsider sponsoring them o_O
1) Update with webform
2) The new policy allow OWP for outland applicants once they are inside Canada. We do not know how long it takes for the OWP approval.
3) ???? They can do a lot of things (e.g. self learning, settling in, volunteering, taking care of the house and housework and kids (if any)). WHY would a spouse be "loitering around" and why would a sponsor "reconsider sponsoring them" just because they choose to apply for visitor visa for their spouses and waiting for the application to process in Canada. It's a choice for the couple. (sponsor and PA) If the spouse wants to take classes, they will need study permit if the classes fits the requirement of getting a study permit. And they need to pay international student fee.

Argent

Jul 6, 2023
1) Update with webform
2) The new policy allow OWP for outland applicants once they are inside Canada. We do not know how long it takes for the OWP approval.
3) ???? They can do a lot of things (e.g. self learning, settling in, volunteering, taking care of the house and housework and kids (if any)). WHY would a spouse be "loitering around" and why would a sponsor "reconsider sponsoring them" just because they choose to apply for visitor visa for their spouses and waiting for the application to process in Canada. It's a choice for the couple. (sponsor and PA) If the spouse wants to take classes, they will need study permit if the classes fits the requirement of getting a study permit. And they need to pay international student fee.
Much appreciated for response - very helpful, and lol I jest with the loitering thing - just a joke.

Reactions: YVR123

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
not related to the TRV subject but on my tracker as sponsor I received an update today saying my Eligibility as the sponsor is in progress.
For those whose sponsor eligibility is completed and you already received sponsor approval email from IRCC, how many days until your eligibility is updated to complete in the tracker?

SeaCT

May 28, 2023
Hello,

I applied for TRV after aor on july 20.

On tracker:
  • Biometric - completed - was done during PR
  • Eligiblity - completed (gone from not started to completed, without passing by in progress)
  • Background - in-progress
However, on TRV portal. nothing was updated since application. The status is still submitted. The timeline bar is still empty.

Please share your experience, which one is more accurate?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello,

I applied for TRV after aor on july 20.

On tracker:
  • Biometric - completed - was done during PR
  • Eligiblity - completed (gone from not started to completed, without passing by in progress)
  • Background - in-progress
However, on TRV portal. nothing was updated since application. The status is still submitted. The timeline bar is still empty.

Please share your experience, which one is more accurate?
Your aor came on 3rd August, right? so you applied for TRV before receiving on AOR 20th July?
its obvious tracker is providing you more info.
My experience is that each portal provides some different info, they are not all consistent with each other, perhaps they compliment each other.
In my case, GC Key portal confirms that biometric is accepted and medical is not required, while IRCC tracker says biometric is still in progress, while medical is completed.

SeaCT

May 28, 2023
Your aor came on 3rd August, right? so you applied for TRV before receiving on AOR 20th July?
its obvious tracker is providing you more info.
My experience is that each portal provides some different info, they are not all consistent with each other, perhaps they compliment each other.
In my case, GC Key portal confirms that biometric is accepted and medical is not required, while IRCC tracker says biometric is still in progress, while medical is completed.
I actually applied for a TRV on 20 august, after aor, sa and bio. I made a typo in the earlier post.
I did not link it to gckey.
Do you apply for a trv? without the portal or gckey?
I applied with the portal and it seems not getting any updates.

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
I actually applied for a TRV on 20 august, after aor, sa and bio. I made a typo in the earlier post.
I did not link it to gckey.
Do you apply for a trv? without the portal or gckey?
I applied with the portal and it seems not getting any updates.
You are good dw, just look for updates in the PR TRACKER and all the letters will come in the TRV PORTAL where you applied.

Reactions: SeaCT

SeaCT

May 28, 2023
I applied TRV on Aug 19, Eligibility Completed from not started on Aug 23 No updates after that.
What is the status of background? which portal did you apply and do you have any update on TRV portal?
I hope the silence means the application being transferred to a VO

timon bi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Hello everyone!
I want to apply for TRV for my spouse, her sponsorship application AOR was in July. Which portal should we use to apply for TRV? Is it IRCC portal or GC key?
please help.. thanks

engr.zuhair

Oct 4, 2020
Hello everyone!
I want to apply for TRV for my spouse, her sponsorship application AOR was in July. Which portal should we use to apply for TRV? Is it IRCC portal or GC key?
please help.. thanks
Theoretically not much difference, but IRCC portal is more intuitive, easy to use and less chances of making a mistake in filing the application.

Reactions: timon bi

GloryAlemseged

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Dears,

I have submitted my TRV application on AUG 21-2023. biometrics completed on AUG 24-2023.
How long takes to get notification from IRCC? Maybe correspondence letter or BVL?